T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Post Reply

[Q] Softbricked! Stuck in Odin Mode.

OP JacobH9

24th April 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Phone Info: AT&T Galaxy S3, Cyanogenmod 10.2

So, I was messing around, trying to get the WiFi to work on my phone when I tried a solution I found on the forums: updating one of the files involving the radio. After flashing the file, my phone shut off and opened in Download mode. Now I can't leave download mode, can't enter recovery mode, and can't boot my phone. Oh, and my computer can't recognize the phone either. I've searched for hours looking for a solution and I'm freaking out. I seriously need some help with this.

Basically it says:

Could not do normal mode
Odin Mode
Phone Model, etc.

I really don't care how its done, what ROM I end up with, or anything else. I just need this phone to be able to work properly again. Thanks for any help!
Last edited by JacobH9; 24th April 2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Messed up the title.
24th April 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Isuru cs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Matugama
Thanks Meter: 110
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
I think it's emmc sds

🌟★Sent from My GT-⚡9300★🌟
24th April 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuru cs

I think it's emmc sds

��★Sent from My GT-⚡9300★��

That's sudden death syndrome right? Is there any good fix for it or way to get it replaced despite it being rooted and the ROM changed? (I did know that going into rooting might cause problems like this, just hopeful that there's a way)

Edit: If there's a way to get the phone to be recognized by a computer; I can still access download mode and would have no problem doing a full restore from there. I've tried installing drivers for the phone, it seems like the phone is unable to be recognized by any computer I try also.

Finally did get Recovery Mode to work. Don't know if that can help much
Last edited by JacobH9; 24th April 2014 at 03:38 AM.
24th April 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
Isuru cs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Matugama
Thanks Meter: 110
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobH9

That's sudden death syndrome right? Is there any good fix for it or way to get it replaced despite it being rooted and the ROM changed? (I did know that going into rooting might cause problems like this, just hopeful that there's a way)

Edit: If there's a way to get the phone to be recognized by a computer; I can still access download mode and would have no problem doing a full restore from there. I've tried installing drivers for the phone, it seems like the phone is unable to be recognized by any computer I try also.

Finally did get Recovery Mode to work. Don't know if that can help much

add a screenshot of recovery mod,download mod
24th April 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #5  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 709
 
3,204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
SDS is when the phone is completely dead, doesn't boot at all.

You are posting in the wrong forum, this is for the i9300 only.

If you've flashed a file meant for another phone then you have probably hard bricked it.

If download mode doesn't connect to pc then you need a repair centre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Solved the issue! So I managed to load my original ROM file onto my external SD and install it from recovery. For anyone else who has this problem, I just loaded the zip file onto the SD, stuck it in my phone, powered off and clicked Volume Up Home and Power to get into recovery, (phone specific for Gs3 on getting to recovery) and went to install from zip and installed the file. Problem solved for me, although it did wipe all the data which isnt a big deal really. Phew. That was a scare. And it fixed my WiFi problem, so all in all a good learning experience for me

Anyhow, thanks for all the help, I appreciate it! And sorry for hitting up the wrong forum, its my first time on it.

Thanks again!
24th April 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobH9

Solved the issue! So I managed to load my original ROM file onto my external SD and install it from recovery. For anyone else who has this problem, I just loaded the zip file onto the SD, stuck it in my phone, powered off and clicked Volume Up Home and Power to get into recovery, (phone specific for Gs3 on getting to recovery) and went to install from zip and installed the file. Problem solved for me, although it did wipe all the data which isnt a big deal really. Phew. That was a scare. And it fixed my WiFi problem, so all in all a good learning experience for me

Anyhow, thanks for all the help, I appreciate it! And sorry for hitting up the wrong forum, its my first time on it.

Thanks again!


you are a lucky one, look at mine:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...oblem-t2722684

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes