Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[solution] charging problems/usb port problems

Tip us?

orbourne53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Plug [solution] charging problems/usb port problems

a couple days ago i was having some charging problems.. i connected my phone to my pc and it would only charge it ut not recognized it

and there are other similar charging problems i get to understand that are stemmed from this problem

so if u have any charging problems i suggest u try it before u send it off to the repair shop and spend unnecessary money

first thing you should always do is to try another charger or usb cable... preferable one that has a real tight fit

ok now to the solution.. incase you didnt know when you carry around your phone in your pocket some loose fabric gets into the charging port which causes alot of issues.

it can cause:

loose charger
slow charging
pc non recognition problems
no charging at all
etc. basically anything that has to do with the charging port

all u need to do is get like a needle or a small pin or something of that nature and clean out that fabric out of the port... and if possible blow it out after to make sure that any loose fabric the needle or pin loosened is removed

be careful when doing this ! dont jam down in to it..just gently move it around in there and try not to damage anything. TAKE EXTREME CARE. BE WARNED.

piano13
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Will dust in charging port affect charging as well?