Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible solution unlocking international I9300 - Missing Samsung Service Mode menus

Tip us?

Jarmezrocks
Old
(Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 7th May 2014 at 12:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Default Possible solution unlocking international I9300 - Missing Samsung Service Mode menus

Hi guys/girls,

Well I had some issues last week with attempting to unlock an I9300T (same as I9300 only it picks up the 2400hz band from the Telstra service provider) anyway,eveyone was mentioning 'Just flash back to ICS to downgrade the bootloader, unlock and flash back again' or something along those lines. Needless to say the first thing I did was root the phone to back up the EFS/IMEI and in the process of rooting via Odin with CF-Root....the task in it's self bungled the EFS anyway. So corrupt EFS, no signal and IMEI displaying as 0049. On a side note I discovered a new and much easier way of recovering your EFS should anyone run into those sorts of issues.

It was told following tutorials from various sources that the Service Mode menu input for simlock works on international SGS3 models???? Well apparently it DOESN'T....so all my effort was wasted I guess? Flashing the phone and bricking it several times. Anyway my point I wanted to make was that there is quite a difference the Service modes available for Australian/International I9300 devices.

I am curious to know (if possible?) transplanting the serviceModeApp.apk from a device where Network unlock can be performed by simply pinning in the service code via the dialer....to un-sim-lock the device??

Would somebody who has successfully unlocked their I9300 via this method be willing to share their serviceModeApp.apk for me to be able to test this theory??

EDIT: Needs to be Android 4.1.1 from what I have just read now?
"Hey! What is this?" \_(ツ)_/

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks

Jarmezrocks
Old
(Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 7th May 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Oh and just for clarification, I would be needing the serviceModeApp.apk from the version of Android that you were running when you unlocked your device, not the one you are running now if you have updated firmware versions since then? So most likely I would be asking someone to dig through one of their Nandroid backups to extract the serviceModeApp.apk from that particular firmware...EDIT From reading I believe I'll specifically need Android 4.1.1 (Not 4.0.4 or 4.1.2)
The reason I request this is mainly due to the fact that older firmware versions are becoming difficult to come by since the collapse of most of the major online file-storage providers such as Hotfile. Seems like an awful lot of work for me to go through for one apk also ....then to learn that the one I choose for what ever reason was NOT the correct one for unlocking because of the region and/or service provider the firmware was from or any other long list of unknown variables.

So yeah if someone that unlocked during ICS can fish out that APK for me that would be really appreciated, not only that but if it proves to be successful we will have a lot less people bricking their phones

Many many thanks in advance!

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
bump