Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(SOLVED) PIT/Bricked/Dead problem on GT-I9300 international

Tip us?

ManojKBanga
Old
(Last edited by ManojKBanga; 21st November 2013 at 12:06 PM.) Reason: corrections
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Post (SOLVED) PIT/Bricked/Dead problem on GT-I9300 international

Hi XDA.

There are several thread about PIT/Partition/ brick/ mounting problem etc.

i spent over 2 days to fix my international GT-I9300 16GB white.

i think there is not much left about PIT on not only XDA but on other websites. Which I didn't read.

some of them are scary like. don't check partition box in odin or motherboard will be dead or that's it your phone is junk/ send it to service center. blah blah blah........

but all you need to do is downgrade you boot loader..........yes.***********THAT'S IT*********
tried millions of method (yes almost million) but nothing work. and i don't want to anyone else spend that much time on it

(back on topic)

here is how i did it.

download all files at last of this post

1. Put your phone on download mod (volume down+home button+power and than volume up)
2.open odin and select option *auto reboot*re-partition*f.reset time *Nand erase all(don.t worry just do it*unless you have other option*)
3.select **GT-I9300.PIT** as pit file(DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER ONE)
4. click start(after finishing task phone will reboot )
5.now download CF-Root for SGS3 v6.4 from here-------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1695238
6. again put phone in download mode and root your phone with CF-Root (file you downloaded)
7.now put ***Restore_Bootloader_XXBLFB** ZIP file on your sd card and flash it using phone recovery (cwm)
8.now download any 3 part official firmware for your phone and flash with odin ..

that's it

method above worked for me on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 WHITE 16 GB but i still take no responsibility
for any damage to your phone or to your Dog/cat during process.

Thank you
Hope it'll work for you
sorry for my bad english.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Restore_Bootloader_XXBLFB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 19242 views)
File Type: rar Odin+s3 PIT.rar - [Click for QR Code] (398.1 KB, 27107 views)
Don't Forget to thank
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to ManojKBanga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 193
In your post you link to the Old rooting method from Chainfire he hasn't supported that thread for around a year now, he moved to a new version of rooting, link is in my signature that is the better rooting method to use unless with your process it requires that you use the old rooting method.
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to ag4751 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ManojKBanga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Yes my process required this old root TAR file as it comes with cwm recovery. The new one does not. And as I mentioned up you need recovery to flash bootloader. So in this way you saving time to flash recovery after rooting.
Anyway after recovering your phone you can use new root file from chainfire to re root 3 part firmware which you flashed in recovering process.

Enjoy android
Don't Forget to thank

khaaba
Old
(Last edited by khaaba; 21st November 2013 at 01:07 PM.) Reason: updated
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManojKBanga View Post
Yes my process required this old root TAR file as it comes with cwm recovery. The new one does not. And as I mentioned up you need recovery to flash bootloader. So in this way you saving time to flash recovery after rooting.
Anyway after recovering your phone you can use new root file from chainfire to re root 3 part firmware which you flashed in recovering process.

Enjoy android
Partition Info flashing[PIT] works but bootloader is a problem! ANy other option to may the system works as earlier???

This zipped can not be flashed from Stock Recovery. It says its signature can not be verified! I do not know what to do now. Can not get my bluetooth bhai!
GT-I9300 Pebble Blue

Jelly Bean 4.3 I9300XWUGML4 rooted with CF-AutoRoot and reset the counter using TriangleAway v3.10

Quote:
History: Nokia 6170 >>Samsung Corby GT-S6353 [flashed with GT-S6350 Europe Edition in 2009 to be specific!] >> Now GT-I9300

ManojKBanga
Old
(Last edited by ManojKBanga; 21st November 2013 at 02:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
You need CWM recovery to flash this file. Read carefully bhaisaab
and iam not sure what you mean bluetooth not working. Explain more.
Don't Forget to thank

khaaba
Old
(Last edited by khaaba; 23rd November 2013 at 03:02 PM.) Reason: updated info... more elaborated
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManojKBanga View Post
You need CWM recovery to flash this file. Read carefully bhaisaab
and iam not sure what you mean bluetooth not working. Explain more.
Sorry for not seeing CWM. I am using stock recovery! Bluetooth icon has gone into gray color, I can not make it green[try to turn ON, it will go to OFF position]. Above all, my csc folder is missing. May be it's the culprit!

found csc folder by making my IMEI into that 049... by flashing ITV rom explains in other thread. I didn't worry much I know I will get back IMEI as I didn't break my efs. flash back thereafter 4.3 swc then to indian xxemh4 4.1.2. my network, wifi, gprs work fine, I got my CSC folder back.
but I still have my Bluetooth non functional and mobile is as laggy as that of 4.3.

another problem is both UART & USB change automatically to modem everytime phone booted!
GT-I9300 Pebble Blue

Jelly Bean 4.3 I9300XWUGML4 rooted with CF-AutoRoot and reset the counter using TriangleAway v3.10

Quote:
History: Nokia 6170 >>Samsung Corby GT-S6353 [flashed with GT-S6350 Europe Edition in 2009 to be specific!] >> Now GT-I9300

Mementii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi! I'd like to try your method, but this is what happens in the first step:

<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Erase...
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I can not flash anything. My phone, as I've read is not bricked, just semibricked.

Thanks in advance!

shauqimao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default THX

thx a lot, i solved the problem on my s3

SignalX
Old
(Last edited by SignalX; 15th January 2014 at 12:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 310
SOLVED
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S lll [GT-i9300]
Battery: Samsung 2100 mAh
ROM: Constantly changing
Kernel: Boeffla Kernel
Modem: Constantly changing
Storage: 13.6gb Internal [free] + 64gb Silicon Power SDcard

Press "Thanks" if i helped you

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalX View Post
my phone is International GT-i9300 16gig White too
i have access to download mod only, there's no recovery menu

after doing 1 - 4 steps according to the first post, when i want to do step 5 & 6 [flashing CF-Root] i'll get this error in Odin:

and this is what my phone show:

anyone knows what should i do now?
You say your phone is international GT-19300 but in your photo of download mode it say's product name SGH-T999

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

Tags
brick boot loader i9300, gt-i9300_mx_20120329.pit, s3 pit file, sof hard brick