5,605,766 Members 48,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Solved] Samsung Galaxy S3 External SD Card Issue

Tip us?

sooperbad
Old
(Last edited by sooperbad; 7th December 2013 at 02:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Exclamation [Q] [Solved] Samsung Galaxy S3 External SD Card Issue

First of all I am sorry moderators if this problem has already been posted.. I tried searching for it and found some solutions that didn't work for me..

I have recently bought a new I9300 and I have a Sandisk 32gb External SD card that I would like to use with it. The card is successfully detected by the mobile but I am unable to copy files to the external SD card.. I have tried formatting the card via CWM via computer card reader both in FAT32 and EXFAT format but none of them worked..

16gb is not enough when you want to try different ROMS.. I hope someone has already solved the problem and point me to the right direction.

Thanks in Advance.

Solution:

So after a lot of search I found that many people have this issue regardinh external SD card in Galaxy S3..This is what solved my problem.. may be it would help you too..

I have 32gb Sandisk Card that apparantly seemed out of order because both S3 and laptop were unable to copy files in it.. I was using the sc card jacket that came with the card itself... .

so instead of just returning it to the sales person via mail I personally visit his office to abuse him.. :P
as it is 1hour drive from here..

but when he chekd the card it worked just fine in there.. and I was like "this is not the same card you are using another one"

Anyway the card reader he used was 3.0.. I am sure many people know this but it seemed to work for me.. i bought the same card reader Lexar usb 3.0 card reader and the same card is working just fine.. playing all the files in the cell phone as well..
Still one issue left and that is I cant copy files within the cell phone via root explorer it says "operation failed due to low memory".. I believe I have to remove .nomedia file that is in there if viewed in the explorer but cant delete it may be permission issues.. anyone have any idea?

Let me know of this helped?

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Is the sd card R/W?

Sent from my GT-I9300

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
As their is no problem it suggests a faulty sd card .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sooperbad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
As their is no problem it suggests a faulty sd card .
Unable to copy files within the cell phone(I mean via Root Explorer)..
copied successfully with the help of external card reader.. (to and from computer to external card reader)
is it still a faulty card? How can I make sure of it?

sooperbad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Is the sd card R/W?

Sent from my GT-I9300
yes it is..

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Either search the forum or use google and find the sd card tester app .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperbad View Post
Unable to copy files within the cell phone(I mean via Root Explorer)..
copied successfully with the help of external card reader.. (to and from computer to external card reader)
is it still a faulty card? How can I make sure of it?
If u can copy to and from the sd card on ur computer. It isnt faulty card.

Sent from my GT-I9300

sooperbad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
I think I have solved the issue.. updating the thread so other can have some benefit..