Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Solved "No Signal" with Cyanogenmod

Tip us?

Lucasmenno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Solved "No Signal" with Cyanogenmod

Hey there everyone~

I'm leaving here my way to get my signal back after flashing Resurrection Remix

I fondled 4 evenings with this fu***** thing and finally i found my solution.

My problem was the following: after flashing the rom, my phone was havind some seconds singnal, then minutes no signal and for about 2 seconds signal again. Different Radios and everything, nothing seemed to be the right solution. On stock rom everything was fine again, so i decided to look at the efs a little bit closer.

My IMEI always was the same as under my battery. but my Serial number was different as the one from the stock (it still is, but whatever, still working) and i never had my IMEI or serial number filled with 000000.
After going back to the newest stock rom and macking a full backup with efs (TWRP) i thought i could restore the efs after flashing Resurrection Remix. Good thought but still no signal. We have to go deeper. I was looking over all files in my efs and in my backup.
I wanted to copy my backup manually into the /efs, but couldn't write into the directory. So i did "chmod 777 *" in the /efs and *zapp* my network directly started to connect and was staying connected.

To make everything a little bit more oranized i flashed Resurrection Remix again, restored efs and then did directly "chmod 777 *" in the /efs and it worked like a charm.

I saw someone had the same problem but no answer. I can't find the thread anymoe, so i hope this is maybe helping someone in the future

k-semler
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
You just gave everything on your system RWX permission to your /efs/ partition. The proper commands would be:

$su
#chmod 755 /efs/nv_data.bin
#chown radio.radio /efs/nv_data.bin || chown 1001.1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
#reboot

There's more info here:

http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15196
Phone: Samsung SGS III International i9300
ROM: OmniROM Official NIGHTLY
Firmware: 4.4.4
Baseband: XXUGND1
Bootloader: XXELLA
Kernel: 3.0.101 Boeffla-Kernel-2.4-beta1-Omnirom-NG-i9300-20140714@andip71 #1