Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SystemUpdateService ALWAYS ON (god-mode)

OP Igoritza

13th July 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 49

177 posts
More
Ok, this has gone past creepy

I got myself I9300, did all the necessary:

Root, ODIN > Philz, wipe, install rom

I installed PA for i9300, which was nice but battery drain was immediate problem so I just thought it was a bad/unfinished ROM. I then installed Resurrection remix which seemed like really neat and complete ROM only to experience the SAME problem - standby battery drain.

I then started searching for the problem cause. BetterBatteryStats says:

partial wakelocks -

SystemUpdateService on par with Awake. it is ALWAYS on

googled it, here is the problem:

People reporting it on 4.3, making constant wakelock, disallowing the phone to go in deep sleep once it is locked. And it was actually fixed in 4.4 CM and CM based roms (resurrection is one of them) but mine is running still.

I then started searching for the solutions, even though my OS version shouldnt do that. One of them says -

You should disable the service via apps "service diasble" or "Autorun Manager" from Play store in order to stop it. So I download both and the service is actually unticked. Shouldnt run at all. but it is still there destroying my battery. Next thing I found on CM forums says:

"wakelock is disabled by devs so that users wont experience constant OTA updates, and while it is disabled, it still runs (nice logic over here) and enabling it stops the wakelocks"

I then tick it to "enable" via those mentioned apps, but the wakelocks are STILL there, phone wont go to Deep Sleep

Extremely annoyed, I went to Settings>Apps>All and disabled the whole "Google services framework" which containts "SystemUpdateService" and there you go -

it still runs, wakelock on par with awake time ....

Is this God-mode service, is this some magic ? What the F is going on, and why do I even experience this when the problem was solved in 4.4 .. ? Please help me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread