[Q] Samsung Charging dock EDD-D200BEGSTD

OP toxicious

25th April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
More
So I bought this dock because I needed a dock badly for my Moto X, and because it seemed robust and had the micro USB facing the right way. The guy in the store goes like "Well I can't guarantee it will work..." and I go like "It's okay, I'm sure it will work since it has the right contacts and such, I'm willing to take a risk".

Of course it does not work.

It was about 40 dollars, so not a huge deal but I am so f*cking annoyed by not knowing why it doesn't work
It fits perfectly and so on, but just nothing happens. Now the reason I am posting in this forum is because it says "Galaxy SIII" on it, and I figured you of all people would know about any special properties on that phone. I read somewhere that the pins are different, is that correct? In what way?
I've tried connecting it to both a computer and a wall charger.

Is there an easy solution to this (like buying a samsung usb cable) or is the only solution to smash it with a hammer and never buy Samsung again?
28th June 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #2  
California
Thanks Meter: 34

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicious

So I bought this dock because I needed a dock badly for my Moto X, and because it seemed robust and had the micro USB facing the right way. The guy in the store goes like "Well I can't guarantee it will work..." and I go like "It's okay, I'm sure it will work since it has the right contacts and such, I'm willing to take a risk".

Of course it does not work.

It was about 40 dollars, so not a huge deal but I am so f*cking annoyed by not knowing why it doesn't work
It fits perfectly and so on, but just nothing happens. Now the reason I am posting in this forum is because it says "Galaxy SIII" on it, and I figured you of all people would know about any special properties on that phone. I read somewhere that the pins are different, is that correct? In what way?
I've tried connecting it to both a computer and a wall charger.

Is there an easy solution to this (like buying a samsung usb cable) or is the only solution to smash it with a hammer and never buy Samsung again?

Thanks for the heads-up. Saved me trying this. I understand Samsung put resisters on their USB ports to interact with their phones - I can't confirm this. It would explain why it doesn't work. I wish my old Droid dock didn't have an HDMI connector in the way so that I could just use it.
28th June 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

Thanks for the heads-up. Saved me trying this. I understand Samsung put resisters on their USB ports to interact with their phones - I can't confirm this. It would explain why it doesn't work. I wish my old Droid dock didn't have an HDMI connector in the way so that I could just use it.

np, glad it helped it someone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread