Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Did my phone just SDS?

OP k-semler

14th May 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA
Thanks Meter: 190

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was running my phone perfectly fine, and when I turned off the phone to replace the battery, it won't turn back on at all. The Samsung logo just loops repeatedly, and I can't get into Recovery mode at all. I can get into download mode, (sort of), by the conventional means, but when I press volume up to confirm download mode, I can't do so. The phone hangs for a second, and then restarts its self. Is this SDS? How do I get it fixed? I am in the USA, and I have a SGS III i9300. My phone information is below in my signature.
14th May 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,077 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-semler

I was running my phone perfectly fine, and when I turned off the phone to replace the battery, it won't turn back on at all. The Samsung logo just loops repeatedly, and I can't get into Recovery mode at all. I can get into download mode, (sort of), by the conventional means, but when I press volume up to confirm download mode, I can't do so. The phone hangs for a second, and then restarts its self. Is this SDS? How do I get it fixed? I am in the USA, and I have a SGS III i9300. My phone information is below in my signature.

If it is sds, you wun be able to turn it on at all. Best if you can just send it to the service center for them to have a look.
14th May 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 44

265 posts
Kernel problem maybe? Try a different one.
14th May 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, it appears that I can get it into download mode if I run it off of USB power, and pull the battery as soon as I'm able to get into download mode. It will run in download mode if I keep the battery out, but as soon as I put a battery in with it plugged into a USB, it resets the phone. I was able to flash XXUGMK6_BTU onto the phone, but upon resetting the phone with the battery in it, it will not start. This is with both ZeroLemon batteries, and the stock Samsung battery.

Is there a way to fix this?
14th May 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

If it is sds, you wun be able to turn it on at all. Best if you can just send it to the service center for them to have a look.

That's what I was afraid of. I called Samsung, and they said that I would have to send it to the UK in order to get it fixed. I would rather not have to send it halfway around the world for repairs if I don't have to.
14th May 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,077 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-semler

That's what I was afraid of. I called Samsung, and they said that I would have to send it to the UK in order to get it fixed. I would rather not have to send it halfway around the world for repairs if I don't have to.

It makes no sense to send it to the UK just to fix it. What country do u live in?
14th May 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 954

4,312 posts
More
Might be stuck power button?
14th May 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

It makes no sense to send it to the UK just to fix it. What country do u live in?

The United States of America.
14th May 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_R1

Might be stuck power button?

I don't think it's that. Otherwise, how would it work running off of USB power? If the power button was stuck, I don't think it would run at all.
14th May 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,208 posts
Sounds like a motherboard issue, double check that the battery connector pins are undamaged, but otherwise you need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread