XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Stock ROM but still problems with Kies

Tip us?

pdes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New Stock ROM but still problems with Kies

For months, I have lived with Kies not recognizing my Firmware and therefore not checking for updates. A few months ago, I rooted my S3 but soon returned to "stock". (the counter re-set to zero). I had been stuck on 4.1 so assumed that there must be a new stock ROM "out there" and decided to D/L the latest from Sammobile - 4.3, unbranded for the UK. All went according to plan and I now have the new Samsung stock ROM. However, Kies still says that it isn't compatible with my Firmware and cannot check for updates. Not a crucial issue as I can try OTA but I would love to know what is preventing Kies from recognizing the Firmware

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Same answer your codes do not match see multiple identical posts .

pdes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Believe me, I have read many posts and as a result, spent ages last night figuring out how to re-flash my S3. I was very careful to make sure I installed the UK unbranded file assuming that it was totally stock and that it would be recognized as a UK phone. That's what I thought I had read - others who had reported this problem had a mis-match of country codes so assumed that the stock UK ROM would fix it. I have obviously missed something.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Example of codes from an original firmware .
Found in the registry HDSWVER

I9300XXALF2/I9300OXAALF2/I9300XXLF2/I9300XXALF2

Example of codes from an original firmware .
Found in the registry HDSWVER

model
GT-I9300

Product code.

GT-I9300RWDBTU
Those codes match whatever the original firmware was and will find an update if one is uploaded . Any code wrong and Kies cannot find an update .
That is the basics of Kies updating correct codes and an actual update on the server .

A Samsung forum may help.