OP yayramen

9th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 43

654 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was wondering about the pros and cons of each. For example, right now I'm running MIUI, and it has the best experience of any rom I've used (I've been using MIUI since GB on my N1 - only recently upgraded to the GSIII). But, I really like the way Milk Music looks, and I can only get that particular app if I'm running a near-stock touchwiz based rom.

I was wondering if there was a way to get the best of both worlds? Or if I should stay away from stock entirely, or if there are any other benefits I'm missing!
9th August 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Hello !

I believe this is one of the hardest question to reply ever "stock or aosp/aokp/miui".

For me, everything depends on what you want to do with your phone. Exellent battery life would be stock rom, but more smoothness would be cm, for exemple.
9th August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 43

654 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieFTW

Hello !

I believe this is one of the hardest question to reply ever "stock or aosp/aokp/miui".

For me, everything depends on what you want to do with your phone. Exellent battery life would be stock rom, but more smoothness would be cm, for exemple.

It's mostly about appearance and functionality for me. I'm pretty good on battery life, and have a battery backup if needed. I love how clean MIUI looks. It's always looked obsessively clean, and I love it for that. It also lets me arrange my status bar into the iOS style (I like the battery on one side, signal on the other - clock in the middle).

MIUI with Aviate as my launcher seems to work wonders, and MIUI has a lot of great features - built in data monitor, app and trash cleaners, just a lot of great things to keep the phone running smooth.

But I want the samsung support as well. I like a lot of the touchwiz stuff (minus the actual launcher), and I enjoy having my data backed up with them (MIUI backs up my data, but not all of it, really). And I am absurdly interested in the Milk Music app. But when you look at stock/near-stock touchwiz based roms that have the samsung support and the camera app, and the like, you're stuck with the stock UI as well. Which is nice, mind you - leaps and bounds better than it was in previous versions, but still leaps and bounds behind the work that MIUI has done to give it the smooth feel I've come to expect.

If only there was a way to get the Samsung Framework on MIUI, I think all my problems would be solved.
9th August 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I never tried MIUI, because I don't really fancy the iOS style..

I think, the perfect rom would be a mix of CM, stock rom, and maybe MIUI too, but I believe that's impossible to make.. :/
10th August 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

116 posts
More
Stock:

Pros:Usually completely stable,Full warranty,Apps is usually better designed/has more features,Can use official updates easily,More Secure(Without root of course)Usually looks better(my opinion)

Cons:
(may be a bit slow)
Inefficient
Unrooted
Bootloader may be locked
High ram usage

Custom

Pros:
Usually faster than stock
Usually pre-rooted
More efficient
Usually quicker update timeframe
Less space is used
Easier to install certain apps

Cons:
Loss of warranty
Unstable
Errors
Insecure(rooted)
Apps are more plain (less features/looks)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread