[Q] Strange WIFI connectivity issue...

Search This thread

asatdi

Feb 10, 2014
Hey guys,

OK Ive got a strange problem with one of my Galaxy S3's!

It will not connect to some WIFI connections! It will say 'Obtaining IP address' then 'Failed to obtain IP address' and then loops itself doing the same thing over and over...?

I have two S3's and my other rooted device is fine. The one that has the problem is running a standard O2 4.3 rom (Un-rooted)

My rooted phone is also running 4.3.

Anyone experienced a similar problem? I have had this problem with 4 or 5 WIFI connections now, including my home one which is rather annoying! I have tried the obvious and rebooted my router, which hasn't helped!

Any advice welcomed!

Last edited:

rschalie

Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys,

OK Ive got a strange problem with one of my Galaxy S3's!

It will not connect to some WIFI connections! It will say 'Obtaining IP address' then 'Disconnect' and loop itself doing the same thing over and over...?

I have two S3's and my other rooted device is fine. The one that has the problem is running a standard O2 4.3 rom (Un-rooted)

My rooted phone is also running 4.3.

Anyone experienced a similar problem? I have had this problem with 4 or 5 WIFI connections now, including my home one which is rather annoying! I have tried the obvious and rebooted my router, which hasn't helped!

Any advice welcomed!

I've had issues with the quality of my internet connection being checked, and then the connection being killed due to "slow internet connection", even on strong Wifi networks. Solution turned out to be to uncheck the automatic network switch in the advanced Wifi settings.

asatdi

Feb 10, 2014
I've had issues with the quality of my internet connection being checked, and then the connection being killed due to "slow internet connection", even on strong Wifi networks. Solution turned out to be to uncheck the automatic network switch in the advanced Wifi settings.

Thanks but that doesn't affect me. It just wont connect full stop :(

asatdi

Feb 10, 2014
happened to me too, sometimes its a router problem

How so, when I have an identical phone sat right next to it with the same version of Android and that phone connects perfectly?

The only difference is one phone is rooted, the other is not (Both running 4.3, just different kernal number and build number)