Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on bootscreen after updating (SHV-E210)

Tip us?

ololof
Old
(Last edited by ololof; 14th July 2014 at 05:11 PM.) Reason: I didn't want to bump the thread.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stuck on bootscreen after updating (SHV-E210)

After doing a software update the phone keeps getting stuck on the boot screen. Any idea what can be wrong or could be done?

It's the Korean LTE version that I brought back after living in Seoul. After it bugged out I tried the boot up menu (power, home, vol up) and tried a factory reset, but it seems the faulty software update is stuck.

I bought it in a Korean store and I don't have any manuals, computer software or boxes left. I am guessing I have to connect it to my computer and use it as an external source for the software update, but I am not sure on how to do this. Is there possibly a guide for my problem?

Best regards, Olof

Edit:
I have tried the factory reset and the wipe cache option without any success.

I have also tried using Kies to connect but it seems to be unable to reach the phone. Windows detects the device and tries to install drivers, but fails during. It's weird because I've used the USB cable previously and the drivers should still be in the system (win7).

I have not rooted or flashed or made anything like that. I bought it in a Korean store and I am not sure if they might have done something to it.

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 785
I would try flashing stock firmware, also try asking in shv-e210l forum this is the int'l s3 forum.
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

ololof
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
I would try flashing stock firmware, also try asking in shv-e210l forum this is the int'l s3 forum.
I figure I have to go there sooner or late although I don't quite know how to do it.

Are there any moderators that could move the thread perhaps?