5,595,918 Members 30,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at NAND Write Start!! Help ASAP!!

Tip us?

saurabh_goyal93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Stuck at NAND Write Start!! Help ASAP!!

Hey guys,

I don't know what happened but I was trying to update my phone (GT-I9300) using Odin v3.07 and I'm getting stuck at NAND Write Start.

Also, I'm unable to boot into recovery mode.

Also, When I try to reboot my phone normally, I end up in downloading mode but without the counter and all those stats which are written in top left corner. Just plain simple downloading mode. I don't know what to do. Please help me out ASAP as my battery will die otherwise.

P.S. Phone's not charging!!! :'(

BHARGAV33
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_goyal93 View Post
Hey guys,

I don't know what happened but I was trying to update my phone (GT-I9300) using Odin v3.07 and I'm getting stuck at NAND Write Start.

Also, I'm unable to boot into recovery mode.

Also, When I try to reboot my phone normally, I end up in downloading mode but without the counter and all those stats which are written in top left corner. Just plain simple downloading mode. I don't know what to do. Please help me out ASAP as my battery will die otherwise.

P.S. Phone's not charging!!! :'(
I guess you Messed it up.. Wish any dev could help ya
GOOD LUCK .

saurabh_goyal93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHARGAV33 View Post
I guess you Messed it up.. Wish any dev could help ya
GOOD LUCK .
What??? Seriously?? Warranty is still there or is it void?
Download mode shows the following:

PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9300
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

BHARGAV33
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

Try getting into recovery mode..
Remove the battery
Hold down the keys for recovery mode(without battery)
Then put the battery in..
Don't leave the keys until you get into recovery mode.. Probably you'd have to try flashing an new rom through recovery..make sure the first thing you do.on CWM is factory reset

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also see if you could flash an new version of CWM through Odin

Scarface1991
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
Quote:

You were the one asking about hardbrick and now it seems you could have suffered one. What a fu**ed up coinsidence. Although for now it looks like a Soft-Brick

Ok first , how many % did your battery have when you started flashing?

Second, what Firmware did you flash and where did you get it (link would be good)?

The flashing counter looks good except the the System Status. It states custom which indicates that you changed the Firmware in some way which could void warranty but not always, depends on the carrier and the Service Center.
"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs, 1994

"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs, 2010

Everything is a Remix

Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?

Apple Patent Insanity Rant or why we need a Patentlaw Reform
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarface1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saurabh_goyal93
Old
(Last edited by saurabh_goyal93; 22nd April 2013 at 11:20 PM.) Reason: Adding more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991 View Post
You were the one asking about hardbrick and now it seems you could have suffered one. What a fu**ed up coinsidence. Although for now it looks like a Soft-Brick

Ok first , how many % did your battery have when you started flashing?

Second, what Firmware did you flash and where did you get it (link would be good)?

The flashing counter looks good except the the System Status. It states custom which indicates that you changed the Firmware in some way which could void warranty but not always, depends on the carrier and the Service Center.
1) Around 50% but the amount of battery left is much much less than that. I can feel it.
2) XXDLJ4 from Sammobile. I can't find the link. But it was official firmware from UK.

I live in India. We don't have carrier specific phones yet. But I have no idea what service centre guys are going to say. I'm just gonna tell him that I was updating using kies and this happened.

saurabh_goyal93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHARGAV33 View Post
Try getting into recovery mode..
Remove the battery
Hold down the keys for recovery mode(without battery)
Then put the battery in..
Don't leave the keys until you get into recovery mode.. Probably you'd have to try flashing an new rom through recovery..make sure the first thing you do.on CWM is factory reset

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also see if you could flash an new version of CWM through Odin
Thanks for your reply but I'm unable to get into recovery mode. I tried what you said.

Scarface1991
Old
(Last edited by Scarface1991; 22nd April 2013 at 11:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
XXDLJ4 is outdated and is from 2012. From what Google says it`s Android 4.1.1 . There are newer Firmwares around. The newest Firmware to my knowledge is XXEMC3. However it doesn`t matter what the Firmware is, it should work even if the Firmware is old. Do you still have the log from Odin? It would be good to see where Odin failed exactly. A screenshot would be great.

"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs, 2010

Everything is a Remix

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarface1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saurabh_goyal93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991 View Post
XXDLJ4 is outdated and is from 2012. From what Google says it`s Android 4.1.1 . There are newer Firmwares around. The newest Firmware to my knowledge is XXEMC3. However it doesn`t matter what the Firmware is, it should work even if the Firmware is old. Do you still have the log from Odin? It would be good to see where Odin failed exactly. A screenshot would be great.
Yeah. Sure. Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1903706  

Scarface1991
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
Ok a friend of mine had the same issue one time with his I9000 and it helped to switch the USB Ports and then try to flash the firmware again. Also turn off every process that belongs to Kies. Go to Task manager and Kill every Kies process.

Also try to use Odin 1.85, I`ve seen people having problems with Odin 3.xx before

Everything is a Remix