[Q] Stuck at NAND Write Start!! Help ASAP!!

Search This thread

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
D
And BTW, I gotta ask, what exactly happens if someone ticks "NAND Erase All" in odin when flashing a firmware. I've not done this because according to me, it's not advisable to play with things which you don't know about.

Search the post i erased NAND help phone is a brick .

1) So, what does "NAND Erase All" in odin do exactly?
It says what it does erase the NAND

2) Will it somehow be helpful in my situation?

NO

Do that and you have no warranty on your hardbricked phone .#

Yes custom = may void warranty .

jje

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
D
And BTW, I gotta ask, what exactly happens if someone ticks "NAND Erase All" in odin when flashing a firmware. I've not done this because according to me, it's not advisable to play with things which you don't know about.

Search the post i erased NAND help phone is a brick .

1) So, what does "NAND Erase All" in odin do exactly?
It says what it does erase the NAND

2) Will it somehow be helpful in my situation?

NO

Do that and you have no warranty on your hardbricked phone .#

Yes custom = may void warranty .

jje

I've seen your comments on various threads and in one, you said that ticking "NAND Erase ALL" without knowing what it does will "hard brick your phone and it will be out of warranty too". I'm curious about the second part. If phone is hard bricked, and there is no way of knowing what the user was doing with his phone when hard bricking happened (According to me).

Can you please explain this?? How will the phone be out of warranty?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I've seen your comments on various threads and in one, you said that ticking "NAND Erase ALL" without knowing what it does will "hard brick your phone and it will be out of warranty too". I'm curious about the second part. If phone is hard bricked, and there is no way of knowing what the user was doing with his phone when hard bricking happened (According to me).

Can you please explain this?? How will the phone be out of warranty?

The fact that you do it puts it out of warranty .
The fact that the service does not bother to find this out does not rule out its out of warranty .

You voided warranty but got away with it simples .

jje

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
The fact that you do it puts it out of warranty .
The fact that the service does not bother to find this out does not rule out its out of warranty .

You voided warranty but got away with it simples .

jje

I think you didn't understand my question. If phone is hard bricked, and there is no way of knowing what the user was doing with his phone when hard bricking happened (According to me). So, how can service provider know?? I don't think that he can!

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Probably not as they are never going to diagnose a dead motherboard as its not cost effective .
Even though the user should say hey man i am honest guy let me tell you how i bricked my phone . That of course is what all XDA users do .

jje

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Just got my phone back. They had to change the motherboard twice. They also said that they are going to void my warranty because of "Custom" in download mode. But they repaired it this time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What??? Seriously?? Warranty is still there or is it void?
    Download mode shows the following:

PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9300
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

You were the one asking about hardbrick and now it seems you could have suffered one. What a fu**ed up coinsidence. Although for now it looks like a Soft-Brick ;)

Ok first , how many % did your battery have when you started flashing?

Second, what Firmware did you flash and where did you get it (link would be good)?

The flashing counter looks good except the the System Status. It states custom which indicates that you changed the Firmware in some way which could void warranty but not always, depends on the carrier and the Service Center.
    XXDLJ4 is outdated and is from 2012. From what Google says it`s Android 4.1.1 . There are newer Firmwares around. The newest Firmware to my knowledge is XXEMC3. However it doesn`t matter what the Firmware is, it should work even if the Firmware is old. Do you still have the log from Odin? It would be good to see where Odin failed exactly. A screenshot would be great.
    I'll do that. Give me two mins.

P.S. Can I somehow charge my phone's battery? Like through a wall socket? It shows old style downloading mode with no info whatsoever if I do that? Is it charging?

Nope I don`t think it`s charging. That`s why almost every flashing guide says that you should have a fully charged battery before you flash a ROM to your device.

Edit: Ok this is weird. I would try a different Firmware.
    Turn your phone off so the battery won`t die. Then download the latest Firmware and flash it the same way you did before. This is the only thing that you could do to my knowledge.

Do you have a Custom ROM on your phones internal or external SD? If yes you could follow up on BHARGAV33`s tip to flash CWM Recovery through Odin and then try to access Recovery and afterwards wipe data and flash a new ROM.