Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck Power Button - Can't Get Into Download Mode

Tip us?

SDBolts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stuck Power Button - Can't Get Into Download Mode

So, physical issue with the power button on my GS3 - even though the button feels as though it's responding normally, it's stuck in the depressed position. As soon as I put the battery in, the phone boots up. I can get to the start of download or recovery mode, but because the power button continues to act as though it's depressed, I can't get fully into either mode. I have the extended warranty coverage from Verizon, so they've sent me a replacement phone, but it appears that I have two options:
  1. Pay for the power button to be repaired, unroot and return to stock prior to shipping.
  2. Return the phone as is and hope that I don't get a huge bill for it being rooted.

Any suggestions on how to get into download mode without having the power button replaced or should I just go with options 1 or 2 above?

Thanks!

SDBolts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Bleh, after learning that the replacement phone has a locked bootloader and such, I think I'll be sending the replacement phone back and just getting the current one repaired...

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
The i9300 doesn't have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.