Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at start screen (very weird)

Tip us?

matrixino
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Stuck at start screen (very weird)

So, when I waked up this morning I found my S3 turned off. Nothing to worry about, I thought, since I use SlimKat+Googy it had already happened sometimes in the past that phone auto-reboots or something.

However, when I tried to turn it on I was just stuck in the bootscreen "Galaxy S III etc", but NOT in a bootloop, just stuck, the slimkat animation never start. I can enter recovery and all.

So I tought "whatever, i'll just wipe". So I did, full wipe and reinstall of SlimKat, just to be greeted again by the same problem. I repeated some times and same thing.

Trying to adb shell it says "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -" and I can't enter shell.

At this point I was totally WTF, starting to fear the worst. Just now I'm downloading a stock rom to make a last try with it. However I would like to know if someone else had this problem and if they solved it.

Anyone?

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixino View Post
So, when I waked up this morning I found my S3 turned off. Nothing to worry about, I thought, since I use SlimKat+Googy it had already happened sometimes in the past that phone auto-reboots or something.

However, when I tried to turn it on I was just stuck in the bootscreen "Galaxy S III etc", but NOT in a bootloop, just stuck, the slimkat animation never start. I can enter recovery and all.

So I tought "whatever, i'll just wipe". So I did, full wipe and reinstall of SlimKat, just to be greeted again by the same problem. I repeated some times and same thing.

Trying to adb shell it says "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -" and I can't enter shell.

At this point I was totally WTF, starting to fear the worst. Just now I'm downloading a stock rom to make a last try with it. However I would like to know if someone else had this problem and if they solved it.

Anyone?
Flash stock rom with Odin... that should fix your problem.

"Donít use a userís thanks count to judge their helpfulness Ė it is by no means an example of how helpful a user is. Many of the most helpful users on XDA-Developers do not have the largest thanks counts, rather they quietly help out where needed, and donít post when they have nothing to say."

matrixino
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
Flash stock rom with Odin... that should fix your problem.
Yup, I was waiting for the download to finish. It indeed worked, but I have some yellow debug text on screen. I did a search and seems related to efs corruption or something like that. However I'm now trying to go back to slimkat from here. Now I'm less scared anyway

matrixino
Old
(Last edited by matrixino; 18th April 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Ok, now I'm scared again. I get no signal. Nor with stock or custom. Also tried to restore a nandroid and nothing.

Update: I luckily found an EFS backup in the lost+found folder. Thanks god. All working now.