Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stupid mistake led to a null IMEI. Is it possible to recover the phone?

Tip us?

Sanuuu555
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stupid mistake led to a null IMEI. Is it possible to recover the phone?

My sis asked me to sim unlock her s3 so I had to root it first. I downloaded the appropriate CF autoroot and went one to flashing it. However I accidentally chose the autoroot file for the s4 (as I was rooting it a few days ago). So I disconnected the phone (Odin got stuck) and then flahsed the correct autoroot.

The phone boots fine now but doesn't discover any network and the IMEI is indicated as missing.

I have the original IMEI written down, but no efs backup. The phone runs on android 4.3 and the bootloader is I9300XXUGNB5.

Is there anything I can do to fix my dumb mistake?

alecore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
no efs backup ,there's nothing you can do except to bring it to a service .

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Try flashing a full stock firmware, if that doesn't read the efs folder again then as above.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sanuuu555
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Try flashing a full stock firmware

That did the job.

alecore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
excellent