Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Superuser Binary needs to be updated?

OP Krusade

5th March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 25

195 posts
More
Guys I was trying to root my bro's GS3 with odin.. the flashing went perfect, infact there was a SuperSU and CWM app installed too, but when i tired to open the app it was showing that SU bianary needs to be updated..
I even updated the SuperSU from the Play store but was getting the same error essentially.. also tried the Superuser FIxer app from PS but it also stuck at
Gaining root access :fail
I tried flashing the SuperSU 1.51 .zip from the recovery mode by placing it in internal memory but to my surprise the file path of the internal memory was not visible and when i inserted a sdcard and copied the file to it and then tried to flash it thru recovery, it was successfull but got a few erros , something like who file not successful(will try again and post exact same thing in by tomorrow)
in the meanwhile can anybody help me? plz its urgent..

phone was on stock rom 4.3 OS before root
5th March 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

195 posts
More
mods plz move this thread to the QnA section if necessary, i had ticked it while submitting but my browser froze soon after that
5th March 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag City of oranges
Thanks Meter: 355

748 posts
If you have philz then there is an option tu reroot it in philz settings... Do that and install supersu from play store and it would adj to update binaries just press normal... Done...
Or the other way is supersu1.93 I'd the latest search fit it's thread download zip and flash through recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to kunal1540 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540

If you have philz then there is an option tu reroot it in philz settings... Do that and install supersu from play store and it would adj to update binaries just press normal... Done...
Or the other way is supersu1.93 I'd the latest search fit it's thread download zip and flash through recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300

not sure what is philz.. ya just tried flashing the 1.93 but was getting the same error i posted in first part

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

any idea on them? btw thanks for quick reply (y)
Last edited by Krusade; 5th March 2014 at 08:56 PM.
11th March 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

195 posts
More
shall i reflash the file with odin? please reply?
11th March 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 223

707 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusade

shall i reflash the file with odin? please reply?

I do not think your ROM is rooted properly. Try to download some software from play store to check whether it is rooted or not.

If not rooted then you have to google and search the rooting process. You have to use computer ODIN to flash and root your phone.
11th March 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSKHH

I do not think your ROM is rooted properly. Try to download some software from play store to check whether it is rooted or not.

If not rooted then you have to google and search the rooting process. You have to use computer ODIN to flash and root your phone.

it isnt rooted.. cause none of the app can acquire the root permission.. thought the SU app is still there.. my question right nw is shall i reflash the same file?
11th March 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 223

707 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusade

it isnt rooted.. cause none of the app can acquire the root permission.. thought the SU app is still there.. my question right nw is shall i reflash the same file?

Having SU app does not mean your phone is rooted. Thats just an front end to provide you root access. Your phone has to be properly rooted.

Follow this:-
http://androidcentral.us/2014/01/roo...y-s3-gt-i9300/
13th March 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSKHH

Having SU app does not mean your phone is rooted. Thats just an front end to provide you root access. Your phone has to be properly rooted.

Follow this:-
http://androidcentral.us/2014/01/roo...y-s3-gt-i9300/

ya i know its not rooted as i cant get the root access, my question is that shall i directly try to reflash thru odin?
13th March 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 95

325 posts
Do you have a custom recovery? Did you flash cf-auto root? Philz touch is a custom recovery based on cwm. Flash that with odin, go to philz settings and then re-root system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread