[Q] Cannot sync contacts due to FC of com.google.process.gapps

OP Senovsky

5th September 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys, I was trying to solve this for a couple of hours but all I could find were variations of this but the problem is not with Play Store, that works fine. The FC "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" occurs every time I try to sync contacts, either to Gmail account (which hence doesn't have any contacts in it) or to Samsung cloud. So it appears that the process responsible for collecting all the contacts in the phone and sending them to backup is making trouble. Reseting app preferences in Settings -> Apps -> All didn't help. Another suggestion, when someone was solving this FC for Internet Browser, was to delete data and cache of Internet Browser. So do you have any idea which one of the many tiny system apps showing up in All Apps might be the one that is responsible for sending contacts to backup so that I could delete it's cache and data and see if it helps? Or do you have any other idea how to solve this unfortunate problem? The phone has unrooted stock ROM with everything updated to the latest versions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread