Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to install a previous Gallery version?

Tip us?

eliast9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there a way to install a previous Gallery version?

Im now on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with CM 11 and theres no option to add an album in the Gallery app... is there an option do download a previous version of the gallery with the option to add albums?
Thank you

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 46
There are some free gallery apps on the Play Store which will save you the hassle. Otherwise you would have to find the appropriate gallery .apk that can run on your rom and by using root explorer replace the one already there and then set permissions. Make sure you have searched this fully, this sort of question may already be answered and an extracted file of the old gallery may already be available, also make sure the previous version has that option or this will be pointless :P

eliast9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DemonLord~ View Post
There are some free gallery apps on the Play Store which will save you the hassle. Otherwise you would have to find the appropriate gallery .apk that can run on your rom and by using root explorer replace the one already there and then set permissions. Make sure you have searched this fully, this sort of question may already be answered and an extracted file of the old gallery may already be available, also make sure the previous version has that option or this will be pointless :P
i dont care i can do all this process... can you help me with the file?
and do you know galleries that have the option to add albums? because i searched a little and i didn't find...

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliast9 View Post
i dont care i can do all this process... can you help me with the file?
and do you know galleries that have the option to add albums? because i searched a little and i didn't find...
I looked around and couldnt find anything myself. Its possible to extract it from the files of an older version whose gallery you want but i cant help you there sorry . Also i never needed the album option, so you can try a couple of apps of the play store or post in the original rom's thread as a request and there the devs could help you

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4417
Drop the gallery app to system/apps in place of the gallery app you have .

You are on non Samsung firmware so presume GApps should have gallery .