XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to install stock android

Tip us?

gbswales
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Need to install stock android

I have a rooted galaxy S3 that will not boot since I did a factory reset to clear personal data.

I can get into TWRP recovery mode (don't have CWM)
I can also boot into Download mode
It will not however boot up beyond this or the Samsung logo
When I connect to PC with odin open the box lights up yellow

I am not bothered about unrooting, triangle away or anything complicated - I just want to install a standard/stock ROM so that I can either sell it or give it away to a family member.

At the moment I cant find a Samsung Stock ROM - without a subscription service as the most popular source has been taken down by US government - I need to find the stock Firmware ROM for UK unlocked Si9300

I really would be grateful for a little help as I haven't done any of this for over a year

This is where I am lost - can I flash the ROM using ODIN or do I have to somehow get the ROM onto the phone and flash it using TWRP?

I know how to do things if I can get the phone running as I have mobile ODIN (or did) but its a long time since I have done anything from a PC - I dont really want to go through the extra step of putting stock recovery on - just the Firmware ROM (or even a recent rooted stock firmware would do)

I will keep trawling through the forums but havent found anything yet that matches exactly what I need to do - if you know of something a link would be fine

bitpie
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I hope this link can help. Unroot the Galaxy SIII (for stock updates/warranty)
http://goo.gl/QKNiG
every problem has a solution, if there is no solution then there is no problem
Tags
flash firmware, stock. twrp