Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wanting to get rid of 4.3

Tip us?

Crazy Wookie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wanting to get rid of 4.3

It looks like a lot of people don't care for the 4.3 "upgrade" on their S3s. I've had nothing but problems since the stupid "upgrade." I just did a reset and found out I can't download some apps that I used now. 4.1.2 was fine with me. I wouldn't mind going back to that if there is a way to do it without all the bloatware apps that I don't use. I would like something that is lighter and more visually appealing though. Any suggestions on what to use? What's the best guide for rooting and changing the software? My provider is Verizon.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Wrong phone and wrong forum, this is for the i9300 and questions go in the q&a forum.

Try reading the sticky threads for guides, but don't flash anything from this forum as it will hard brick your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

cloudx720
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Flash cm11 and get over it, and enjoy one of the best experiences it's that good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kidzore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You cānd flash a 4.1.2 custom rom or a 4.4 one