XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch sensitivity on galaxy s3 - modification

Tip us?

syedhuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Touch sensitivity on galaxy s3 - modification

User of S3 i would appreciate if you can inform me whether there is any option to increase the touch sensitivity of S3. I read somewhere that ppl find it to be on a higher side but I find it less responsive. Anyway there should be an option that could reduce or increase the sensitivity or may be there is and I dont know about. Can anybody shed light on this

Askannon12
Old
(Last edited by Askannon12; 16th June 2012 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Dont think there is much toincrease. I did some tests on the touchscreen and it is the best screen I have ever seen.it's accurate up to one pixel and kids able to recognize up to ten different inputs.
Cause of the thinner glass of corning it's also more responsible than most other phones.the only thing that would increase the responsibility are better drivers.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

KimW5UK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm also finding the touch sensitivity on the S3 a bit variable. Its super sensitive, almost overly so, over the back button area, so when I lean my thumb across the screen I frequently end up going back by accident. But sometimes when I touch other parts of the screen it just doesn't respond. At all. I have to try several times before it does anything.

It's worse in the browsers. I was using the stock browser but then added Dolphin to see if would help and its possibly not as bad, but is still a problem at times. It also happened yesterday when I was just killing time playing a game, which when you're in the middle of a game of jewels is just a tad irritating ;).

I'm not new to the Galaxy S range. I had the first Galaxy s since July 2010 and my husband has the S2. So I know I'm not handling it wrong or anything.

Does anyone else have this problem? And is there not a way to adjust it? Or have I possibly got a faulty screen?

Abhmilbrett
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default More of the same

I don't notice it too much but a friend of mine that also has an S3 says my touch-screen sensitivity is way higher than his... Could this be because I have ghost Armour and he doesn't?

saywhatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhmilbrett View Post
I don't notice it too much but a friend of mine that also has an S3 says my touch-screen sensitivity is way higher than his... Could this be because I have ghost Armour and he doesn't?
mmmm it is pretty unlikely

DarkExplorer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I think they only need to decrease the sensitivity of the menu and back button but the touchscreen is perfect!