Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Have tried to flash stock rom - stuck at samsung logo

Tip us?

gbswales
Old
(Last edited by gbswales; 7th March 2014 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: Problem Resolved
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Have tried to flash stock rom - stuck at samsung logo

Problem now resolved - just needed a factory reset to get it going (can't believe I forgot something so fundamental!)

I posted earlier looking for how to flash a new stock rom to my Galaxy S3 I9300 - managed to find an Odin flash guide at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/guide-odin-flash-guide-t1671969

I already had the right version of Odin and downloaded the following firmware which seemed to be the only one listed for my device
Firmware Info - I am not able to access the phone to check for any details but it was international unlocked bought from amazon uk so this seemed to be the only non- carrier version
PDA: XXALE8
Phone: XXLE8
Date: 13/05/2012
Android Version: 4.0.4
BTU (UK) Also contains (CPW DBT ITV KOR XEF XEO): Download

Flash with ODIN reported successful and the phone booted - however after the animated logo and sound it sticks at the static "SAMSUNG" logo and goes no further. This is the same problem I was having after doing a factory reset

Does anyone please have any suggestions as to what I should try next - I followed another thread which suggested wiping the cache which I did but still sticking on the SAMSUNG logo. Would installing a custom ROM be likely to work or is there something else I need to try

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Wrong forum, this is only for the i9300.

Report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

gbswales
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default it is GT-I9300

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Wrong forum, this is only for the i9300.

Report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Actually it is a GT-I9300 the heading was a typo which I have amended

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
XXALB is not a new firmware, it is very old and not sds safe. Downgrading from modern firmwares can create massive issues with the efs folder, if a factory reset doesn't solve it then you will need a backup of your efs folder, from v1.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gbswales
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbswales View Post
Actually it is a GT-I9300 the heading was a typo which I have amended
The problem is that the back up I had on the external SD card was corrupted and I lost an older back up in a computer crash - this one was listed in the set of instructions for installing stock rom on the S3.

However your post reminded me that I could do a factory reset from recovery mode (it is over a year since I last did any rooting etc!!)
Hey Presto it worked and I now have a fully functioning S3 albeit with earlier firmware but I can update that with kies
So thanks for you prompt - kudos to you