5,600,984 Members 44,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Troubles in recovery mode

Tip us?

Blackdesi
Old
(Last edited by Blackdesi; 20th December 2013 at 06:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Troubles in recovery mode

Hey guys,

I recently updated my S3 i9300 with the new JB4.3 XXUGMK6 and rooted it with no problems at all, did root check etc. My apps that require root all work.

However, when i go to CWM and boot in recovery i get a broken android with a triangle and exclamation and blue text (hopefully u guys can see the attachment). This has never happened before, i have check other threads but have not found an answer yet.

So i guess my question is... why is it doing this?

Fanx guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ANDROID FAULT.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2465529  

danierakes
Old
Thanks Meter 115
That is stock recovery not cwm and nothing wrong with that stock recovery..if u want cwm recovery flash philz recovery

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Galaxy sl i9003
Galaxy s3
Galaxy grand duos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danierakes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blackdesi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdesi View Post
Hey guys,

I recently updated my S3 i9300 with the new JB4.3 XXUGMK6 and rooted it with no problems at all, did root check etc. My apps that require root all work.

However, when i go to CWM and boot in recovery i get a broken android with a triangle and exclamation and blue text (hopefully u guys can see the attachment). This has never happened before, i have check other threads but have not found an answer yet.

So i guess my question is... why is it doing this?

Fanx guys
Ah ok, but normally when i hit the boot in recovery button on CWM it takes me to another screen. but as u sed, it took me to the stock recovery page. why is this? also the same if i turn off phone and press up key+power button. or could it be that my version of CWM is not compatible with this version of JB???

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
You need to flash a recovery you have wiped recovery back to stock .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blackdesi
Old
(Last edited by Blackdesi; 20th December 2013 at 09:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
You need to flash a recovery you have wiped recovery back to stock .
You are correct. I need to flash a new recovery, the one i had already installed is not compatible with JB4.3. i wouldn't have noticed if you didn't suggest it. i flashed JB via odin, so my data was't wiped. rookie error. the broken android threw me off. fanx for the quick responses.

This thread can be closed now.