Tip us?

cookie1003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] uk s3 not booting after latest update

hi,
i have an unrooted uk sgs3 on orange.
last night i found an update come thru on my phone which i delayed until i checked it out & backed up all my stuff including an android note pad (which i keep a few things on for work).
anyway my daughter was playing about with my phone & pressed the update, which in turn just about killed my phone ( all it does now is stays on the samsung screen).
ive tried taking the battery out for ages, fully charging it & going into the v+, home, power screen but nothing seems to work.
is there any way to reload the original firmware without losing all the aps etc.
if so or even if there isn't could anyone help me find how to get it back working.
thanks.

mojonx0droid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
hi,
i have an unrooted uk sgs3 on orange.
last night i found an update come thru on my phone which i delayed until i checked it out & backed up all my stuff including an android note pad (which i keep a few things on for work).
anyway my daughter was playing about with my phone & pressed the update, which in turn just about killed my phone ( all it does now is stays on the samsung screen).
ive tried taking the battery out for ages, fully charging it & going into the v+, home, power screen but nothing seems to work.
is there any way to reload the original firmware without losing all the aps etc.
if so or even if there isn't could anyone help me find how to get it back working.
thanks.
but you can get into recovery to wipe and see if it boots. is flash stock firmware via odin, but erase all

cookie1003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojonx0droid View Post
but you can get into recovery to wipe and see if it boots. is flash stock firmware via odin, but erase all
got it back up and running, hopefully not lost many pics (think theyre on my ext sd card).
is it worth trying to install the new 4.3 via odin or would you recomend leaving it at 4.1.2 ????
thanks

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
got it back up and running, hopefully not lost many pics (think theyre on my ext sd card).
is it worth trying to install the new 4.3 via odin or would you recomend leaving it at 4.1.2 ????
thanks

Personally i would wait for the next build of 4.3