Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to boot - Stock firmware

OP Spinkzeit

1st November 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Hey guys,
I decided to start my phone with a clean slate and un-root it via installing the stock firmware I9300TDUALF2_I9300TVAUALF2_VAU

I've done this before and it's never been a problem, but now my phone will not start up properly. It gets to the Samsung flashing logo in the boot animation and just stays there forever (literally).
I tried 2 (from sammobile & androidromupdate) other different Australian firmwares and still the same thing.

I've flashed CF-Root on the phone, booted up into recovery and installed a few different custom ROMs but the same problem occurs, it just stays put on the boot animation for eternity.

Normally I'm able to work out this sort of thing but I'm at a loss this time

Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to mention,
#1.) The startup sound plays during the boot animation if that makes a difference.
#2.) I've tried flashing it from 3 different PC's, with both Odin v1.8.5 and v.3.07
#3.) When I flashed Foxhounds ROM, The whole install ran through fine (Aroma) so I don't think this is a file integrity issue.
EDIT EDIT:
#1.) The phone feels warmer than usual (not hot, just warm, warmer than it normally is when idling) during the infinite boot animation
Last edited by Spinkzeit; 1st November 2012 at 03:34 AM.
1st November 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag In my bedroom
Thanks Meter: 140

822 posts
More
Hmm I was going to say flash different ROM via odin. Since you have done it already. Can you try flashing different and rooted rom. See how ya go. Make sure the rom you download match the md5. I always face such issues but re flashing helps. Download any other rom copy to external memory. Since you have access to recovery. Flash via recovery. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
1st November 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero000

Hmm I was going to say flash different ROM via odin. Since you have done it already. Can you try flashing different and rooted rom. See how ya go. Make sure the rom you download match the md5. I always face such issues but re flashing helps. Download any other rom copy to external memory. Since you have access to recovery. Flash via recovery. Good luck.

Shall do thanks
It's hard finding a ROM that offers a .tar/.md5 version though? Any recommendations?
I'm also in the process of downloading "Rescure Firmware" to give that a shot - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
1st November 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,464

2,658 posts
Donate to Me
More
Boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset

sent from here, there, somewhere!!
1st November 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag In my bedroom
Thanks Meter: 140

822 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkzeit

Shall do thanks
It's hard finding a ROM that offers a .tar/.md5 version though? Any recommendations?
I'm also in the process of downloading "Rescure Firmware" to give that a shot - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

Well most of the devs put the md5 along the download links. I use Wanam Rom. It's fast and stable. Download if you like. The md5 is given too. http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13141

1st November 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoot1

Boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset

sent from here, there, somewhere!!

Wow. This worked, thank you kindly sir.

Such a simple fix..
1st November 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 15

163 posts
your phone really I9300T?
1st November 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmunk

your phone really I9300T?

I don't believe so, got it from a Telstra store when they came out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3 borked
Previous Thread Next Thread