Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to use mobile data with my SGS3 (Need APN Config)

OP ExperimentalHDX

21st June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

134 posts
More
A week or two ago I updated to the latest version of the Resurrection Remix Rom. It seems this wiped my APN settings as I needed to use my mobile data today only to find that nothing was happening (no icons appearing in the status bar). The thing is, the link on the T-Mobile website that sends the text with APN settings to your phone doesn't work. I have tried manually setting the APN settings using different sources, but none of them work. To double check, I restarted my phone after each change, but still, nothing.

I am based in the UK and I'm on T-Mobile. Does anyone have a working APN config for T-Mobile that I can use?

Thanks in advance!
21st June 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 64

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperimentalHDX

A week or two ago I updated to the latest version of the Resurrection Remix Rom. It seems this wiped my APN settings as I needed to use my mobile data today only to find that nothing was happening (no icons appearing in the status bar). The thing is, the link on the T-Mobile website that sends the text with APN settings to your phone doesn't work. I have tried manually setting the APN settings using different sources, but none of them work. To double check, I restarted my phone after each change, but still, nothing.

I am based in the UK and I'm on T-Mobile. Does anyone have a working APN config for T-Mobile that I can use?

Thanks in advance!

You can call T-Mobile and request APN for your device. In most countries, the carrier can also send a config sms that sets up the APN.
Also please make sure that Mobile Data is set to ON. It is overlooked in so many cases.

PS: Was your phone carrier-locked?
21st June 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,400 posts
Name: everywhere
APN: everywhere

Leave everything else blank.

I'd guess you have other problems than just APN settings, try a full wipe and flash again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC

You can call T-Mobile and request APN for your device. In most countries, the carrier can also send a config sms that sets up the APN.
Also please make sure that Mobile Data is set to ON. It is overlooked in so many cases.

PS: Was your phone carrier-locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Name: everywhere
APN: everywhere

Leave everything else blank.

I'd guess you have other problems than just APN settings, try a full wipe and flash again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomer, that worked instantly, as for the full wipe & reflash... That'll have to wait.

@RazorMC, heheh it was on don't worry. And nope, unlocked.
Last edited by ExperimentalHDX; 22nd June 2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Wrong person tagged.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread