Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unique Booting Issue - Help (NOT A BOOT LOOP)

OP Ahardin

1st September 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Issaquah
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
NOT a Boot Loop.. To be clear.

So today at Pax prime, i'm surfing reddit waiting to play EVOLVE (TOTALLY awesome) when a friend comes over to say hey. I put phone in pocket, conversation ends, I pull phone out, and its off.

I try to turn back on and nothing. I take battery out, put it back in and it instantly vibrates and does nothing else.. I try said approach about 800 times and nothing. I find that when i put battery in, its like as soon as the contacts touch it replicates the power button. So i try to boot into recovery by sliding battery in and quickly positioning my fingers on + and Home buttons, and in the upper left it says Recovery boothing.

Then nothing else happens.. I try downloading. This results in the downloading warning and what not, then gives me the option to + into downloading mode or the - to cancel. Then the screen shuts off. . Curious, I try this again, and before I finish reading the whole warning and all yellow text, it turns off again.. SO i'm like.. hmm battery. Charge for 6 hours and wait in insane lines. . . Go back to phone. Try downloading again... and same behavior.. This time instead of reading I hit + and it gets into DL mode then turns off... I repeat but faster and then faster and faster again, and it just turns off. I timed it and my phone will only stay actively on for 5 seconds exactly from the point of contact on the power source and the vibration as if the phone was turned on.

I cannot connect to computer to ODIN or do anything else to it to get it to behave for more than these precious 5 seconds...

NO idea whats going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running the Latest (stable?) build of SlimKat 4.4.4 build 7 with CWM recovery
2nd September 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Issaquah

35 posts
Just bumping because cannot use phone. No backup. ALL bad.

Additionally, is there a way to hard reset your phone with out it turning on?? If that existed, that would make my day.. Like a reset button that I can just put a paperclip in.
2nd September 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,404 posts
Hundreds of similar posts, not unique at all, your power button is shorted out.
2nd September 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Issaquah

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Hundreds of similar posts, not unique at all, your power button is shorted out.

Hey I really appreciate the reply. I have yet to find any other threads with similar issues but its definitely possible that I was not using the right search criteria.

Today I was driving to work and tried turning it on and it was like nothing was ever wrong... Its worked fine since then as well. So can a power button shorting out cause this behavior? Or is in the process of becoming completely shorted out?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread