XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't unmount or properly mount HDD

Tip us?

eXtremeDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Can't unmount or properly mount HDD

So I bought an OTG cable for the first time yesterday, and I tested it with a pendrive. I could access the pen with Root Explorer, on /mnt/ntfs/sda1, but there was no option to mount/unmount the drive (the android system did ask me to erase the pen because it had a damaged filesystem, but I could access it with no problems with Root Explorer).

So what I want is to be able to unmount the device so I don't damage it over time, or properly mount it on a more logical path so I can use it with other apps.

I also tried an WD HDD of 1.5TB and the same thing happen, I could access it on the same path but no mount/unmount options anywhere. Not even "filesystem is damaged" warning this time.

I have tried with some Play Store apps (root required ones) but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Looking into advanced modding stuff...

Device: GT-i9300 - Dark Blue
ROM: NeatROM Lite 4.3 (JB 4.1.2) + JB Domination 2.0.2 + JKAY Deluxe Framework 14.95
Kernel: Siyah 1.9.1
Modem: BVELK1
Carrier: Movistar (Spain)

Nook Simple Touch: Rooted + Custom Kernel + Gapps

eXtremeDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Also, I want to be able to mount FAT32 filesystems and to be able to write on NTFS ones. I have tried almost all of the Play Store apps but all of them crashed or didn't work. The only thing that works on my phone is the auto-mounting of NTFS filesystems in R/O, because of the SiyadKernel. No other filesystems or functions.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks.
Looking into advanced modding stuff...

Device: GT-i9300 - Dark Blue
ROM: NeatROM Lite 4.3 (JB 4.1.2) + JB Domination 2.0.2 + JKAY Deluxe Framework 14.95
Kernel: Siyah 1.9.1
Modem: BVELK1
Carrier: Movistar (Spain)

Nook Simple Touch: Rooted + Custom Kernel + Gapps