Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating from 4.0.4 to 4.3

Tip us?

zuperxtreme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile [Q] Updating from 4.0.4 to 4.3

Hi everyone,

What would be the general steps to take to update to 4.3 from 4.0.4. I messed up my phone a while back updating (no signal basically, no calls, etc, yeah... my fault for not reading...) so I had to take it to a shop. They downgraded to 4.0.4 and I'm not even sure my IMEI is the same...

Anyways, how can I upgrade and not lose their "fix". I remember reading about backing up my modem, flashing then reflashing my modem. Would that be enough?

Is there any backups that I can do that will create an "image" of the phone that I can safely flash back to in case anything goes wrong?

I currently have SuperSu and I think CWM (but an older version).

Any help would be appreciated!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Backup your efs folder, then make a nandroid of your rom. You will end up with no network after upgrade, try patched modern and kernel but there is no guarantee.

Search and read for the hundreds of other people who did the same thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

zuperxtreme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Backup your efs folder, then make a nandroid of your rom. You will end up with no network after upgrade, try patched modern and kernel but there is no guarantee.

Search and read for the hundreds of other people who did the same thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hmm, alright.

I'll make an EFS back up and the nandroid of my ROM just in case anyways. Thanks.

suspect008
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperxtreme View Post
Hmm, alright.

I'll make an EFS back up and the nandroid of my ROM just in case anyways. Thanks.
take more than one EFS in many methods rather than single one.