[Q] Updating rooted i9300 to Android 4.3

Tip us?

goister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Updating rooted i9300 to Android 4.3

Hi,

I have a rooted i9300 that's currently on Android 4.1.2. Apparently I can't update it to 4.3 via normal "software update" since it's rooted. How can I update it to 4.3 otherwise? The device is rooted but otherwise running stock ROM.

Thanks.

Evaravenspell
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goister View Post
Hi,

I have a rooted i9300 that's currently on Android 4.1.2. Apparently I can't update it to 4.3 via normal "software update" since it's rooted. How can I update it to 4.3 otherwise? The device is rooted but otherwise running stock ROM.

Thanks.
Download the 4.3 software update from sammobile and flash it with odin.

Hit the thanks button if i helped you, It takes less than a second to do so

surf_dan
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by goister View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Or you consider flashing a sammy custom rom, since the 4.3 sammy update is far away from perfect. But there are some devs which improved the 4.3 firmware. So I could recommend you for instance NeatRom a lot over the original firmware, but see for yourself. As I said many custom roms based on the official stock sammy 4.3 are actually a lot more stable, smoother and battery friendly. Good luck