Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 45,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems after installing android 4.3 on S3

Tip us?

Eskis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Problems after installing android 4.3 on S3

Hey guys,

Could someone please help me with my problem. I'll try to be as clear as possible.

I had my fully working, factory unlocked from Three carrier GT-I9300 with 4.1.2 version, however yesterday I decided to updated my phones firmware via Odin 3.07 to 4.3 I9300XXUGML3. Everything went smoothly but after a while i noticed that it does not have any reception.

In phones status it shows:
Network: Unknown
Service state: Out of Service
My Phone Number: Unknown
IMEI: 00499901640000
Device status: Official

I figured it out that culprit might be IMEI code, so I reinstalled 4.3 version a few times but without success. After that I rooted my phone with Kingo Android root in order to fix my reception problem but It did not work out. In the end I thought to just send it to Samsung's warranty.However before sending phone I wanted to run TriangleAway in order to reset my binary count, but It does not resets. I thought that Knox might be stopping it from resetting as it's 4.3, however phone does not have Knox installed in it, even when in Download mode there is nothing written about Knox.

So I'm now in a pickle as I have:
-Corrupted IMEI
-No Reception
-TriangleAway does not resets binary
-Knox nowhere to be found (But I guess it's a good thing)

It would be really good to at least to reset binary count in order to send it to warranty to just forget about this mess

Any ideas what is going on? I could not find any solution or problem which is similar to mine.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Triangle away won't work on later bootloader, downgrade to ICS bootloader.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Eskis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Triangle away won't work on later bootloader, downgrade to ICS bootloader.
Isn't there a high chance of bricking phone while downgrading from 4.3 to ICS?

I tried now to flash my phone with stock I9300XXUGMK6 firmware in order to root it with CF-Auto-Root and then use Triangle Away to reset my binary counter. However It did not reset it.

Before that tried CWM, flashed kernel, flashed modem, used mobile odin. Sadly everything was in vain. I'm at loss now, don't know what do to. Maybe i'm doing something wrong? Maybe there is some kind of problem with the phone?

hierarchy666
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskis View Post
Isn't there a high chance of bricking phone while downgrading from 4.3 to ICS?

I tried now to flash my phone with stock I9300XXUGMK6 firmware in order to root it with CF-Auto-Root and then use Triangle Away to reset my binary counter. However It did not reset it.

Before that tried CWM, flashed kernel, flashed modem, used mobile odin. Sadly everything was in vain. I'm at loss now, don't know what do to. Maybe i'm doing something wrong? Maybe there is some kind of problem with the phone?
Just the bootloader

Method 2 easiest

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...dated-t2083860

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eskis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Fixed

So I fixed it!

I had Mk6 firmware installed with cf-auto root.
After that I installed Boeffla's kernel (beta5 version) with mobile Odin and used TriangleAway 3.26 in order to reset my binary counter. Immediately after using mobile Odin again I installed official mk6 firmware and voila! Everything official and binary count set to 0, however I still had problem with IMEI and network so I sent phone to samsung as I have warranty.

Thanks everyone for helping out