Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgraded from JB to KK, emergency calls on ly (IMEI/SN OK)

Tip us?

jbofc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Upgraded from JB to KK, emergency calls on ly (IMEI/SN OK)

Hi Guys I've just upgraded from Jellybean to a KitKat port (Revolutionary S5) and am having trouble making calls and using mobile data.
The phone will read serial number and IMEI fine but just says "Emergency Calls Only" and "Not registered with network" when I try and call someone.

I have tried installing MG2 MG4 MH1 and MJ3 basebands but all of these keep returning the same result as above.

On my phone the baseband reads I9300XXDLID, Kernel 3.0.31-2454463 and build JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB6
I don't know if it helps but in Access Point Names all the networks are Optus but I'm with Virgin (who uses optus networks...)When I try pressing Network operators in the same tab it finds Telstra, Vodaphone and Optus but not Virgin.\

I have tried wiping cache and dalvik and then booting into OS but not concecutively after each new modem, do I have to do this for modem changes to take effect?

Any help very appreciated.

tallman43
Old
(Last edited by tallman43; 21st June 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbofc View Post
Hi Guys I've just upgraded from Jellybean to a KitKat port (Revolutionary S5) and am having trouble making calls and using mobile data.
The phone will read serial number and IMEI fine but just says "Emergency Calls Only" and "Not registered with network" when I try and call someone.

I have tried installing MG2 MG4 MH1 and MJ3 basebands but all of these keep returning the same result as above.

On my phone the baseband reads I9300XXDLID, Kernel 3.0.31-2454463 and build JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB6
I don't know if it helps but in Access Point Names all the networks are Optus but I'm with Virgin (who uses optus networks...)When I try pressing Network operators in the same tab it finds Telstra, Vodaphone and Optus but not Virgin.\

I have tried wiping cache and dalvik and then booting into OS but not concecutively after each new modem, do I have to do this for modem changes to take effect?

Any help very appreciated.
Your efs maybe corrupt (only maybe) but my first port of call would be to look up your apn settings for virgin then inputting them into your phone.Then my second choice would be basebands (which I know you have tried) how did you install the basebands?.. There are other options but try your apn settings first.

Edit just checked your baseband is a old baseband you need to install a newer baseband compatible with efs v2 install custom recovery and install one through that..How did you install the basebands above

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
@jbofc, if you came from official 4.3, then you can try a patched modem.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC