Upgrading to 4.3

Tip us?

iMirage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Correct as he said but most users on xda would have a nandroid to cover that anyway .
Ok thanks

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Correct as he said but most users on xda would have a nandroid to cover that anyway .
Like i said tnx for verifying.

Sent from my GT-I9300

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperorb View Post
Somewhere I read in this forum long time back - To try best of both worlds, Root + flash any AOSP rom + change bootanimation to samsung default + triangleaway => to eventually use custom rom but 'kind' of remain official. (although no kies support). I think the jist was if had to sent to repair center, the boot animation and triangle away would be sufficient for cover up.
It would not. U are on a custom rom and tat will prove tat u void the warrenty.

Sent from my GT-I9300

hyperorb
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
It would not. U are on a custom rom and tat will prove tat u void the warrenty.

Sent from my GT-I9300
That comment was more related to bricking; may be when the phone gets stuck at boot logo.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
That comment was more related to bricking; may be when the phone gets stuck at boot logo.
How was tat comment related to bricking at any sentence? Well nvm

Sent from my GT-I9300

hyperorb
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
How was tat comment related to bricking at any sentence? Well nvm

Sent from my GT-I9300
It's getting confusing !! Let me elaborate.

Quote:
Somewhere I read in this forum long time back - To try best of both worlds, Root + flash any AOSP rom + change bootanimation to samsung default + triangleaway => to eventually use custom rom but 'kind' of remain official. (although no kies support). I think the jist was if had to sent to repair center, the boot animation and triangle away would be sufficient for cover up.
The idea in the source was => if a phone gets bricked and it can't be booted and if it need to be taken to be repair center, then in that condition ideally one should have official status to avail warranty. Even if that is ok repair center team 'could' see the boot animation and if that too remains stock, that would be perfect cover up.

still if not clear.... nvm

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:

The idea in the source was => if a phone gets bricked and it can't be booted and if it need to be taken to be repair center, then in that condition ideally one should have official status to avail warranty. Even if that is ok repair center team 'could' see the boot animation and if that too remains stock, that would be perfect cover up.

Oh do u mean if the op flashes a custom rom, if he uses samsung boot animation. The warrenty will work? The prob is if it is bricked, u can just flash stock firmware. Well. I get it now lol xD it was just tat ur prev post. The first few words kinda 'misguided' me. U said to try the best of both worlds or sth arnd tat.

Sent from my GT-I9300

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:

Yes i have a custom rom zero count.
Custom status official .
Boot screen normal stock .
Only negative is in settings about phone .

So it may be missed that i have root and custom rom .

BUT Samsung repair centre have a check list to work from and a reminder what to look for from Samsung re root etc .

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Yes i have a custom rom zero count.
Custom status official .
Boot screen normal stock .
Only negative is in settings about phone .

So it may be missed that i have root and custom rom .

BUT Samsung repair centre have a check list to work from and a reminder what to look for from Samsung re root etc .
The fix for the device status is basically to unroot or temp unroot. It worked for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300