Upnp/dlna Android app capable of streaming mkv

Tip us?

Mr.Rô
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Upnp/dlna Android app capable of streaming mkv

Hi all, would of put this in android general but can't seem to see it :-\

Anyway, I'm looking for the above, a uonp/dlna compatible app that is capable of streaming mkvs to a ps3.i can play them on my phone via mx player and the like but when it comes to streaming it fails, unsupported or corrupted data shows in the ps3 whenni know for a fact it can stream Mkvs. I have tried airsyncs airplay option, skifta and joses media server and none seem to work, anyone any ideas or other options I can try?

I'm running ParanoidAndroid and Siyah/twrp if that's any help.
Thanks in advance

And mods if there is a general android section and I've missed it feel free to move this

Sent from my Paranoid S3 using xda app-developers app

crowd_me2
Old
(Last edited by crowd_me2; 21st November 2012 at 07:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
hey had this problem a while back, after a lot of experimenting with different apps, it turns out none of the apps could successfully "beam" a mkv file, even if both the phone and xbox can support the file.

The workaround that i finally got to was to host a media server from the phone, and access the mkv file via the server. APP: Pixel-DMS.

Works great on my xbox !! should work on the ps3 as well

sfjuocekr
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
BubbleUPnP might.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung I9300
Recovery: CWM
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 (nightlies)

food or beer!
The Following User Says Thank You to sfjuocekr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toss3
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfjuocekr View Post
BubbleUPnP might.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
+1

KaFrEEkAbOom
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô View Post
Hi all, would of put this in android general but can't seem to see it :-\

Anyway, I'm looking for the above, a uonp/dlna compatible app that is capable of streaming mkvs to a ps3.i can play them on my phone via mx player and the like but when it comes to streaming it fails, unsupported or corrupted data shows in the ps3 whenni know for a fact it can stream Mkvs. I have tried airsyncs airplay option, skifta and joses media server and none seem to work, anyone any ideas or other options I can try?

I'm running ParanoidAndroid and Siyah/twrp if that's any help.
Thanks in advance

And mods if there is a general android section and I've missed it feel free to move this

Sent from my Paranoid S3 using xda app-developers app
Have you tried this ArkMC DLNA UPnP Media Center app.It really helps me a lot Because it allows us to easily access, stream, share, manage and enjoy multimedia content, such as pictures, music and videos throughout myhome network.Give it a try.Here is the Playstore

joey jojo
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Im looking for something that works the opposite actually, Does anyone know of an app that will allow streaming from a pc to my galaxys3?

I used to use allshare when i was running official samsung rom, but now i use Paranoid android and unfortunately cannot use it anymore.

I use a program called ps3 media server, which allows any content even MKV files to be streamed, ps3 media server is veiwable on ps3, xbox 360 and i could see it and use it on allshare.

now all i need is an app to allow me to pick up this media server on my paranoid setup.

any suggestions? thanks.

23Six
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Default Re: Upnp/dlna Android app capable of streaming mkv

I use PS3MediaServer in conjunction with Serviio to steam to my Xbox and phone.

1. Download PS3MS and Serviio on PC
2. Stream to gaming console. For streaming to android, download Skifta or ServiGo on Play. You can manage your Serviio console from your droid using ServiiDroid.

MKV works flawlessly.

International S III 16GB / Dualboot 4.1.2 Stock & Cyanogenmod 10.1 / Gokhan's SK
Device: LG G2
ROM: CM11
Previous: Exynos S III, Xperia Z

Alejandrissimo
Old
Thanks Meter 584

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Upnp/dlna Android app capable of streaming mkv

iMedia Share can do it. Also stock samsung video player can do it too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Waiting the next update.......always.....
Please if you want me to help you, contact to my email, I don't usually check xda private messages. xdauserATgmailDOTcom

Teamen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My home environment is:
Laptop - with Windows Media Player and Foobar2000 as servers
Tablet (galaxy tab) - with ArkMC as controller, server and player.
Samsung TV (as player and renderer)

I had an issue - I was not able to "Play-to" and to share MKV files!
I have tried just siple renaming MKV to AVI, after this trick it was possible to use "Play-to" to send file to my TV. And it played back well.

Maybe this would work for you.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

ArkMC can use 3rd party players. I use Mobo Player and MX Player. So it supports MKV formats to. And ArkMC server can share MKV files to.

dlwnew
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Plex media server