Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,457 Members 41,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Urgent! Sudden Rapid Battery Drain, Please Help!

Tip us?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_x View Post
Help anyone, please?
Better Battery |Stats Thread .

hundred_miles_high
Old
(Last edited by hundred_miles_high; 1st February 2014 at 12:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_x View Post
Okay, I charged overnight and unplugged and switched on this morning. Not touched it since except to press the button to check for missed calls/texts when I came back home.

91% after 7 hours

What am I looking for on these battery stats and wakelock apps I've never used them before
Hi, sorry for the slow reply, have been a mucho busy puppy for the last few days

To be honest 91% after 7 hours on standby isn't exactly shocking as it's only little over 1% per hour battery use in standby.

However, here is a screenshot from my WakeLock Detector App:

The time next to each app shown is how long that particular app has kept your phone from being in deep sleep, the smaller number at the far right of each app entry is how many times the app has woken the phone (not necessarily turning on the screen, just doing stuff like background sync)

Basically you are looking for apps with a high wake time (in my case K9 is by far and away the worst culprit) if you have any/many that are keeping the phone awake for more than a few mins then they would be possible culprits to investigate for excess battery use as the time shown doesn't include the duration that the app is running while the phone is in use.

If you find any that look properly suspicious it may be worth, freezing / disabling / uninstalling them for a day or two (assuming you can manage without them and they are not system apps) and see if things improve any.

Also, if you tap on the red/green bar at the top of the screen it will pop up a breakdown of the time your phone has been awake, and then further breaks down into total time for stats recorded, how much of that time the phone has been awake, of the awake time how much was with the screen on (ie phone in use). The last figure shown is the most relevant as it shows the total time the phone has been awake (ie not in deep sleep) while not in use.

I'm not the most familiar with Better Battery Stats as WLD usually suffices for me, so maybe a trip to the BBS thread would be useful in helping to interpret the data from that app.

CPU Spy is pretty easy to use for this purpose as all you need to see is that the phone is going into deepsleep and unless you are constantly using your phone from fully charged to totally flat, I would expect deepsleep to have the longest bar on the list of CPU speeds shown.

Hope this helps a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-23-20-48-26.png
Views:	18
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	2550690  
Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 - T320XAR1ANAI
Galaxy S3 - Imperium 27.1 - XXUGND1
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - Mahdi-Rom 2.5
Galaxy W - Liquid Smooth v2.9 - Madridii Kernel v3.2
MK808B - 4.2.2 - mk808b_v401j2

ggelo10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Delete some apps from system/app and factory, use greenify...

hundred_miles_high
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggelo10 View Post
Delete some apps from system/app and factory, use greenify...
Her handset isn't rooted so wont have r/w access in system/app to delete anything.
Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 - T320XAR1ANAI
Galaxy S3 - Imperium 27.1 - XXUGND1
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - Mahdi-Rom 2.5
Galaxy W - Liquid Smooth v2.9 - Madridii Kernel v3.2
MK808B - 4.2.2 - mk808b_v401j2