Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB or Bluetooth - which one eats more battery life?

Tip us?

killthematrix
Old
(Last edited by killthematrix; 1st February 2014 at 10:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default USB or Bluetooth - which one eats more battery life?

Hey Guys!
I wanted to know which one will eat more and quicker battery life:
1.wired usb controller
or
2.bluetooth controller

android version: 4.3

thanks for your answers!

kryptonetworx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey sorry to be such a bummer but which app are you using to use ur phone as a controller. My opinion on your question is that bluetooth wd logically thinking here, bluetooth wd use more power. As a usb cable plugged in your phone wd or shd be charging at the same time. If u finding it difficult to tell maybe the usb port is not pushing out sufficient charge power. I wd then maybe plug into a normal phone charger and use bluetooth. I find if I use a bluetooth controller eg androg I put my phone in flight mode and then turn bluetooth on and my battery lasts longer because the phone is not continously searching for network when signal is low. But via usb ur shd be charging and via bluetooth no wires connected ur obviously using power. And wireless devices that communicate with each other tend to use power at a faster rate. If using as game controller over bluetooth maybe disable the vibrate function if it has one. Thats my personal opinion so if u dont mind cables then usb the phone... I dont mind bt via my s3 its convenient and its not like im gna play nonstop for hours on end. But id rather have a charged ohone shd I nd to up and leave all of a sudden... best of luck... whats the usb controller app?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonetworx View Post
Hey sorry to be such a bummer but which app are you using to use ur phone as a controller. My opinion on your question is that bluetooth wd logically thinking here, bluetooth wd use more power. As a usb cable plugged in your phone wd or shd be charging at the same time. If u finding it difficult to tell maybe the usb port is not pushing out sufficient charge power. I wd then maybe plug into a normal phone charger and use bluetooth. I find if I use a bluetooth controller eg androg I put my phone in flight mode and then turn bluetooth on and my battery lasts longer because the phone is not continously searching for network when signal is low. But via usb ur shd be charging and via bluetooth no wires connected ur obviously using power. And wireless devices that communicate with each other tend to use power at a faster rate. If using as game controller over bluetooth maybe disable the vibrate function if it has one. Thats my personal opinion so if u dont mind cables then usb the phone... I dont mind bt via my s3 its convenient and its not like im gna play nonstop for hours on end. But id rather have a charged ohone shd I nd to up and leave all of a sudden... best of luck... whats the usb controller app?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free
I dun think usb wired controller chargers ur phone... Like if u plug an external hard disk to ur phone thru a converter plug, the external hard disk will not charge ur fone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app