Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] wanamlite freezing after update

OP chandnit

20th February 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Hi, I recently updated my phone (i9300) from custom ROM wanamlite 6.8 to 7.3, and also updated the kernel to Adam 3.0, and now im facing some problems

1) It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to wake up after pressing unlock.

2) every time I play music, the phone becomes very sluggish and the music skips so much to the point that I can't recognize which song is playing.

I really love this ROM and would love to continue using this version, but I need to gets these things fixed. Pls help!
20th February 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #2  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 190
 
1,095 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandnit

Hi, I recently updated my phone (i9300) from custom ROM wanamlite 6.8 to 7.3, and also updated the kernel to Adam 3.0, and now im facing some problems

1) It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to wake up after pressing unlock.

2) every time I play music, the phone becomes very sluggish and the music skips so much to the point that I can't recognize which song is playing.

I really love this ROM and would love to continue using this version, but I need to gets these things fixed. Pls help!

Ask in the rom thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

Ask in the rom thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Well it seems im too much of a noob to post anything in the ROM thread.
The rules say I must post it in the q&a thread. So here I am
20th February 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #4  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandnit

Well it seems im too much of a noob to post anything in the ROM thread.
The rules say I must post it in the q&a thread. So here I am



Quote:
Originally Posted by chandnit

Hi, I recently updated my phone (i9300) from custom ROM wanamlite 6.8 to 7.3, and also updated the kernel to Adam 3.0, and now im facing some problems

1) It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to wake up after pressing unlock.

2) every time I play music, the phone becomes very sluggish and the music skips so much to the point that I can't recognize which song is playing.

I really love this ROM and would love to continue using this version, but I need to gets these things fixed. Pls help!

Did you do a clean install? I know you upgraded but one of the first things to do if you start having problems after a flash is do a clean install
21st February 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43





Did you do a clean install? I know you upgraded but one of the first things to do if you start having problems after a flash is do a clean install

Yes I wiped all data (after a backup) wipe cache, dalvik cache.
I finally got frustrated n reflashed the ROM ( without wiping data) but not the kernel. The rom has stock kernel. I think there is an improvement. Will post the outcome.

Thanks for replying
23rd February 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
I've been using the phone on stock kernel for 2 days now. There is definitely an improvement. The phone isn't freezing at all. The music might skip once maybe in half an hour ( I can live with that ). If anyone is facing the same problem I suggest you switch to stock kernel. Oh and the battery life rocks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes