Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] about warranty and Samsung official support to SDS

Tip us?

janissaire
Old
(Last edited by janissaire; 5th June 2014 at 08:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] about warranty and Samsung official support to SDS

My gt-i9300 is died two weeks ago due to a SDS. It is soft bricked, can be opened only in download mode and product name looks empty. It was rooted but since nobody can reach into the internal SD card, how can they prove that it's rooted? Its warranty is still active. Do you think they replace its eMMC chip or full motherboard for free? Is there a chance to recover the old data? I don't want anybody in Samsung official support desk sees my lost data for privacy issues. What are your experiences with them? Thank you for your answers folks.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
If the flash counter is not zero and/or status is modified then they may reject warranty, although it has worked for some people.

If it really is sds then the motherboard will have to be replaced. Your data cannot be viewed or recovered if the emmc chip is broken.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

janissaire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
If the flash counter is not zero and/or status is modified then they may reject warranty, although it has worked for some people.

If it really is sds then the motherboard will have to be replaced. Your data cannot be viewed or recovered if the emmc chip is broken.

Thank you for your kind reply. Well it had %40 battery when I went to bed. It wasn't plugged in for charging. When I woke up the next morning I found that it was shut down and when I tried to open it I saw the one in the attachements. The other one is what I see in the odin mode. I will try my chance anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gti9300softbrick.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	2781628   Click image for larger version

Name:	gti9300sds-odinmode.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2781629  

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Looks like sds to me. If you are in Europe then the custom status shouldn't break the warranty.

Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

janissaire
Old
(Last edited by janissaire; 5th June 2014 at 03:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Looks like sds to me. If you are in Europe then the custom status shouldn't break the warranty.

I'm in Istanbul, Turkey. I will go to the support center now and I will let you know what is their procedure.
Thank you again.

after support center edit: They took the phone without any complain, I took the risk and told them it's unrooted, they didn't ask it though. They replaced the motherboard, flashed the 4.3 stock and gave the device back to me in 4 hours.
Samsung surprised me today.
Thank you all dear xda family.