Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whatsapp cannot restore backup!

Tip us?

migeeka124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Whatsapp cannot restore backup!

I've been trying to restore my chats from my Galaxy Fit with whatsapp version 2.11.175 to my Galaxy S3 Neo with whatsapp version 2.11.238 with no success! I transferred my sd card which contains the whatsapp folder(old). It didn't work. So, I copy/pasted the database & several other folders that weren't there in the new folder (the 2.11.238's folder) from the sd card one and reinstalled the app. This time it asked if I wanted to restore the found backup or not...to which I clicked the restore button...After few seconds, I got an error saying it couldn't restore & continued synchronizing. >_<
Is there a way to restore all the chats? Without rooting?
Please help guys! Thanks in advance!

nikctsh
Old
Thanks Meter 30
The whatsapp folder in sdcard only include some audio files and pictures/videos, not your chat history. Since you are non-rooted user, you can try helium (download from playstore). It can be used without root to backup data of your apps (of course this includes your whatsapp account and chat history), but you will need to install a pc client to help you on that. It's very easy to set up, head over to the playstore and give it a try!