Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Marble white or pebble blue?
White 328 44.87%
Blue 403 55.13%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

White, blue, red, brown, gray or black? New colors!

Tip us?

radeonxt
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rp10 View Post
I have the white one and it's really impressive too look at and hold. All that talk about the cheap plastic feel is wrong imho. The phone feels solid and strong in the hand although it could be slippery at times.

All my apple fanboy friends were also impressed with the build quality. Also when the notification led lights up on an event it gives a beautiful glow from under the white skin. The led is not exposed on the outer side like HTC phones. It glows from within the skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
so you're saying even in their notification led they are given the cyclops too?

eww yuck, now that's what you call ugly.

znejk
Old
(Last edited by znejk; 26th May 2012 at 06:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
I got the blue cause my gf wanted the white one its like our car, I decide brand gf decides colour

Edit: At least I got her to switch her 3gs to android!

Skickat från min LG-P990 via Tapatalk 2

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 508
As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP

Isadora
Old
Thanks Meter 166
You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad

explosivequack
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

I agree with what you say, but there are colors that are more feminine then other, for example, my favorite color is purple which a lot of people consider to be a feminine color, and I'm a man and I'm straight. I've been hassled because this is my favorite color before, but I've never seen a girl hassled because her favorite color was red or something. With technology the color girls go for is usually white. But just because its white doesn't make it exclusively for girls or gay people it just comes down to opinion and what you like best.

For me I like darker colors and find white distracting so id go for the pebble blue one.

Isadora
Old
(Last edited by Isadora; 26th May 2012 at 12:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 166
One of my friends who's male and straight also happen to really like purple, I don't think he gives a monkey about what other people might think. And yeah I prefer darker colours too! Frankly I've always ignored the gender typecasting thing ... For instance I love motosport... There's nothing quite like the sound of a racing car engine or a pit lane at night during a 24h race

Edit: and for anyone who doesn't following cycling, in the Giro d'Italia, the leader's jersey is pink. Somehow I don't think that implies that whoever happens to be wearing it is gay. Oh and the Lampre team colours also include a lot of a rather lurid shade of pink, yet the riders don't seem to have an issue wearing it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Obliterator
Old
(Last edited by Obliterator; 30th May 2012 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700 View Post
As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP
So what you're trying to say is that all the 182 people who voted white are bent? Also, I think your office is a bit racist...and a bit sexist lol

Anyway as I said before I could barely see the brushed-metal finish on the pebble-blue at the PIN. If you tilt the back at the right angle, with enough light shining on it you will get to see it.

And yea as isadora said, I wouldn't give a crap if my gf told me which colour to get. But yea that's just me.
Ultimately, there are two points I consider;

1. It's my money.
And
2. Because it's my money, I do what I want.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Obliterator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kristofpetho
Old
Thanks Meter 4167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700 View Post

Sent using TCP/IP
So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???
OPPO Find7a
OmniRom

Not The Flong
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho View Post
So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???
Ian McKellen is gay

EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho View Post
Yep pretty much.. jk

(I'm actually considering white now.. got both ordered.. canceling one of em next week.)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies

GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?