FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

 View Poll Results: Marble white or pebble blue?

White
 
328 Vote(s)
44.87%
Blue
 
403 Vote(s)
55.13%

White, blue, red, brown, gray or black? New colors!

6,996 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,760
 
By barondebxl, Senior Member on 5th May 2012, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th May 2012, 04:20 AM |#141  
radeonxt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rp10

I have the white one and it's really impressive too look at and hold. All that talk about the cheap plastic feel is wrong imho. The phone feels solid and strong in the hand although it could be slippery at times.

All my apple fanboy friends were also impressed with the build quality. Also when the notification led lights up on an event it gives a beautiful glow from under the white skin. The led is not exposed on the outer side like HTC phones. It glows from within the skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

so you're saying even in their notification led they are given the cyclops too?

eww yuck, now that's what you call ugly.
 
 
26th May 2012, 06:19 AM |#142  
Senior Member
Flag Dalby
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
I got the blue cause my gf wanted the white one its like our car, I decide brand gf decides colour

Edit: At least I got her to switch her 3gs to android!

Skickat från min LG-P990 via Tapatalk 2
Last edited by znejk; 26th May 2012 at 06:22 AM.
26th May 2012, 08:58 AM |#143  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 555
 
More
As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP
26th May 2012, 09:05 AM |#144  
Isadora's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad
26th May 2012, 09:26 AM |#145  
explosivequack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora

You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad

I agree with what you say, but there are colors that are more feminine then other, for example, my favorite color is purple which a lot of people consider to be a feminine color, and I'm a man and I'm straight. I've been hassled because this is my favorite color before, but I've never seen a girl hassled because her favorite color was red or something. With technology the color girls go for is usually white. But just because its white doesn't make it exclusively for girls or gay people it just comes down to opinion and what you like best.

For me I like darker colors and find white distracting so id go for the pebble blue one.
26th May 2012, 09:33 AM |#146  
Isadora's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
One of my friends who's male and straight also happen to really like purple, I don't think he gives a monkey about what other people might think. And yeah I prefer darker colours too! Frankly I've always ignored the gender typecasting thing ... For instance I love motosport... There's nothing quite like the sound of a racing car engine or a pit lane at night during a 24h race

Edit: and for anyone who doesn't following cycling, in the Giro d'Italia, the leader's jersey is pink. Somehow I don't think that implies that whoever happens to be wearing it is gay. Oh and the Lampre team colours also include a lot of a rather lurid shade of pink, yet the riders don't seem to have an issue wearing it.


Sent from my CM9 TouchPad
Last edited by Isadora; 26th May 2012 at 12:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 10:02 AM |#147  
Obliterator's Avatar
Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700

As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP

So what you're trying to say is that all the 182 people who voted white are bent? Also, I think your office is a bit racist...and a bit sexist lol

Anyway as I said before I could barely see the brushed-metal finish on the pebble-blue at the PIN. If you tilt the back at the right angle, with enough light shining on it you will get to see it.

And yea as isadora said, I wouldn't give a crap if my gf told me which colour to get. But yea that's just me.
Ultimately, there are two points I consider;

1. It's my money.
And
2. Because it's my money, I do what I want.
Last edited by Obliterator; 30th May 2012 at 05:33 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Obliterator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 01:13 PM |#148  
kristofpetho's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 4,169
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700

As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP

So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???
26th May 2012, 01:17 PM |#149  
Not The Flong's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Planet Cat
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho

So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???

Ian McKellen is gay
26th May 2012, 01:21 PM |#150  
EnemyOfGlaDOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho

So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???

Yep pretty much.. jk

(I'm actually considering white now.. got both ordered.. canceling one of em next week.)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
27th May 2012, 06:46 AM |#151  
Obliterator's Avatar
Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreym

Yep pretty much.. jk

(I'm actually considering white now.. got both ordered.. canceling one of em next week.)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Atta boyyy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Obliterator For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes