Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi stops working after a while

Tip us?

r1k1v1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wifi stops working after a while

From since two weeks ago I am having issues with the wifi in my phone. It happens that whem I am browsing Internet or watching videos with the Wifi on sometimes the phone stops connecting to the Internet. It cant connect, but the Wifi is still working, since the icon shows that it still is activated.

Also, when I restart the wifi conection, it starts working again, and again it stops after a while, which can range for two minutes to one hour.

This started to happen when I flashed Ultima ROM 16.0, but kept happening with oher ROMs I flashed, even with CM 4.2.2. I suspect that this is a problem of the XXUGMK6 modem. What do you think?

shaan116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using Same Modem, No problem for me in S4 Revelution ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1k1v1 View Post
From since two weeks ago I am having issues with the wifi in my phone. It happens that whem I am browsing Internet or watching videos with the Wifi on sometimes the phone stops connecting to the Internet. It cant connect, but the Wifi is still working, since the icon shows that it still is activated.

Also, when I restart the wifi conection, it starts working again, and again it stops after a while, which can range for two minutes to one hour.

This started to happen when I flashed Ultima ROM 16.0, but kept happening with oher ROMs I flashed, even with CM 4.2.2. I suspect that this is a problem of the XXUGMK6 modem. What do you think?
Im using the same modem, but different ROM ( S4 Revolution ), I don't have any issue with Wifi. Just check with your wifi or restore your stock ROM and check the wifi

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan116 View Post
Im using the same modem, but different ROM ( S4 Revolution ), I don't have any issue with Wifi. Just check with your wifi or restore your stock ROM and check the wifi

Modem is not WiFI its Kernel .

shaan116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I was wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Modem is not WiFI its Kernel .
Thanks for correcting me. Then what could be the problem of his wifi. How it can be solved ? You have any idea

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
No but multiple identical posts may give an answer .

r1k1v1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Mmm, I dont think this is a kernel issue, maybe because when I reinstalled the CM 10.1, it used cyanogenmods stock kernel and it still gave failures. So all is left to two options: the modem or the Wifi router. What do you think guys?

As a kernel, I use Boeffla Kernel 5.1 beta 7, for Sammy 4.3