FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Wifi stops working after a while

22nd January 2014, 11:28 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
From since two weeks ago I am having issues with the wifi in my phone. It happens that whem I am browsing Internet or watching videos with the Wifi on sometimes the phone stops connecting to the Internet. It cant connect, but the Wifi is still working, since the icon shows that it still is activated.

Also, when I restart the wifi conection, it starts working again, and again it stops after a while, which can range for two minutes to one hour.

This started to happen when I flashed Ultima ROM 16.0, but kept happening with oher ROMs I flashed, even with CM 4.2.2. I suspect that this is a problem of the XXUGMK6 modem. What do you think?

23rd January 2014, 06:37 AM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using Same Modem, No problem for me in S4 Revelution ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1k1v1

From since two weeks ago I am having issues with the wifi in my phone. It happens that whem I am browsing Internet or watching videos with the Wifi on sometimes the phone stops connecting to the Internet. It cant connect, but the Wifi is still working, since the icon shows that it still is activated.

Also, when I restart the wifi conection, it starts working again, and again it stops after a while, which can range for two minutes to one hour.

This started to happen when I flashed Ultima ROM 16.0, but kept happening with oher ROMs I flashed, even with CM 4.2.2. I suspect that this is a problem of the XXUGMK6 modem. What do you think?

Im using the same modem, but different ROM ( S4 Revolution ), I don't have any issue with Wifi. Just check with your wifi or restore your stock ROM and check the wifi
23rd January 2014, 10:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4,474

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan116

Im using the same modem, but different ROM ( S4 Revolution ), I don't have any issue with Wifi. Just check with your wifi or restore your stock ROM and check the wifi

Modem is not WiFI its Kernel .
23rd January 2014, 10:41 AM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Modem is not WiFI its Kernel .

Thanks for correcting me. Then what could be the problem of his wifi. How it can be solved ? You have any idea
23rd January 2014, 11:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4,474

More
No but multiple identical posts may give an answer .
23rd January 2014, 11:45 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mmm, I dont think this is a kernel issue, maybe because when I reinstalled the CM 10.1, it used cyanogenmods stock kernel and it still gave failures. So all is left to two options: the modem or the Wifi router. What do you think guys?

As a kernel, I use Boeffla Kernel 5.1 beta 7, for Sammy 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread