[Q] WiFi Woes; Would love some help. [Already did thorough searching/troubleshooting]
So guys, I've been having some issues with WiFi on my S3 and I resort to posting here only after trying everything else that I can think of. I'm well aware of the rules regarding noobs on XDA and I hope that I haven't broken any of them.
: All networks are detected within normal range, but attempting to connect to them results in a "Saved, secured/open" result, while not connecting. Sometimes, by spamming the connect button, I can connect to a network for a few minutes, but will not get a working internet connection, just WLAN connection. Finally, when anything related to WiFi is left on, I experience extreme battery drain, surpassing even screen use in battery consumption.
What I've done:
- Tried CM10.1 and CM10.2 AOSP ROMS, as well as Omni 4.4 ROMs.
- Did some searching, tried various Stock based ROMs, same issue present.
- Searched some more, tried flashing a stock ROM through Odin..same issue. (Although I did not leave it long enough to test battery drain.)
- Tried that wifi patch for custom roms floating around, makes no difference.
- Deleted files (on a fresh install) in the /data/ folders as suggested in several posts. No help.
- Tried flashing a few modems, one did in fact seem to help my mobile data signal, but no luck for WiFi.
- Tried the AOSP roms above with 1-2 different kernels.
- Hit phone lightly against wall.
- Remove MicroSD card.
I cannot remember exactly what happened when I noticed the issue because it was during the Christmas celebrations and I was staying at family. I chalked it up to their possibly shoddy router and made a mental note to reflash my rom when I got home, which is when I realised it wouldn't be such a simple fix.
I'm already preparing to buy a new phone (thinking Xperia Z), but I decided to post here as a last resort. I know this has been asked a lot, but I decided to post because I experience the same issue on the stock ROM, a symptom not listed in any of the reported cases posted.
Thank you guys for your help, I'd love to just be able to fix this issue and be done with it rather than shell out for a new phone. Hope everyone has a happy new year!