Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[03.07.2012] CF-Root 6.4 - SuperSU+CWM5.5+CWMManager

OP Chainfire

24th June 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #551  
obionenairobi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
More
Found it....
Forgot to enable usb debugging :(
Have enabled it and and S3 is now rooted
24th June 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #552  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
2,007 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
I've installed CF-root 6.3 on my GT-I9300, everything went fine.

Then I looked for the triangle but couldn't see it when booting.
Anyway, I wanted to make sure that the counter is reset, so I installed Triangle Away 1.51

When I start it , it says that it needs to download an add-on, I accept. (this occurs in every startup of the app even though it was downloaded before)
then it says on the app menu : "current status can not be determined"

I press "reset flash counter" anyway, after "cecking kernel" the app closes.
am I using a wrong Triangle Away version ?
24th June 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #553  
9Lukas5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 1,287
 
2,810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrmrmr

I've installed CF-root 6.3 on my GT-I9300, everything went fine.

Then I looked for the triangle but couldn't see it when booting.
Anyway, I wanted to make sure that the counter is reset, so I installed Triangle Away 1.51

When I start it , it says that it needs to download an add-on, I accept. (this occurs in every startup of the app even though it was downloaded before)
then it says on the app menu : "current status can not be determined"

I press "reset flash counter" anyway, after "cecking kernel" the app closes.
am I using a wrong Triangle Away version ?

You need a kernel that supports Triangle away. You can use Perseus kernel for example.

L
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 Galaxy SIII
24th June 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #554  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
2,007 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lukas5

You need a kernel that supports Triangle away. You can use Perseus kernel for example.

L
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 Galaxy SIII

Are you sure that stock kernel is not supported ?
Because I'd read the instructions of CF-root and there itwas recommended to install Triangle Away.
As CF-root is most commonly used with stock kernel, it should be supported.
No ?
25th June 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #555  
sarbe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrmrmr

Are you sure that stock kernel is not supported ?
Because I'd read the instructions of CF-root and there itwas recommended to install Triangle Away.
As CF-root is most commonly used with stock kernel, it should be supported.
No ?

Yes it does work on stock.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
25th June 2012, 08:49 AM   |  #556  
9Lukas5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 1,287
 
2,810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
But as I know only with the XXALE8 Kernel. The newer ones doesn't support it anymore and I got the same message instead of the number of counts and flashed Perseus kernel ( which I'm using everyday) and triangle away worked. There are also other kernels that suport it. Siyah supports it's also I think.

L
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 Galaxy SIII
25th June 2012, 10:48 AM   |  #557  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Works like a charm
My GT-I9300 did some kind of OTA update today early morning, no idea though what it did. Got 4.0.4 with BB I9300XXLF2 and Kernel 3.0.15-671647.

Was little bit scared, but,... no risk no fun,... so I did this and wups, worked perfectly.

Thanks.
25th June 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #558  
KKTHX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waldenburg
Thanks Meter: 50
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
What If:

1) I make factory reset. Root will be reverted ?
2) I install firmware by ODIN ? Root will be permanently wiped ?


Is there any EASY way to uninstall ROOT ?

Or root without modded kernel ?
25th June 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #559  
crazbanditz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 485
 
1,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKTHX

What If:

1) I make factory reset. Root will be reverted ?
2) I install firmware by ODIN ? Root will be permanently wiped ?


Is there any EASY way to uninstall ROOT ?

Or root without modded kernel ?

1) Factory reset will not revert root.
2) Flashing a stock firmware will revert to how your phone it was like out of the box and obviously will remove root. It will be wiped... permananently in a way...

Press Thanks if I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to crazbanditz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #560  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
i'm getting failed OTA updates using cfroot 6.3. i've already tried to reflash cfroot before getting the OTA but still no luck. the OTA download completes but after rebooting for installation, it usually gets stuck on 27% then reboot. a pop up screen appears and says try updating through kies. any solution to make the OTA thing work with 6.3?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes