5,600,292 Members 35,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from gokussjx: Keep your hats on. Currently under college load. Will release intermittent versions whenever I can!

[AOSPA:Android 4.4.2 KVT49L][23-MAR-14] PARANOIDANDROID 4.2 - BETA1

Tip us?

Straynart
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1][10FEB] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 | Release candidate - The Pure Experienc

Sorry to interfere, but I don't have all this kind of issues.
Maybe just a very bad flash, or a corrupted DL.

Try to re-DL the ROM and reinstall it.

† Learning is a neverending story ! †

gvoute
Old
(Last edited by gvoute; 12th February 2013 at 12:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default pie problem

hi

i don't how have pie is working ?
i can't have the same pie as the screencapture with a lot avec options
(clock ..... )

i juste have 3 butons ?

erto90
Old
Thanks Meter 572

DONATE TO ME
Why in Know bugs is not mentioned camera crash with flash enabled when touch to focus? Or here works?
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300

Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Perseus Color Engine! The new display expert
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory

thething869
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1][10FEB] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 | Release candidate - The Pure Experienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by varund7726 View Post
The 1st one you mentioned is NOT a bug.its a 4.2.1 Feature!!!

2nd one is a bug as long press does not work to open recents.read the very 1st posts for known issues
Oh really? Kinda weird IMO...

And no, I've read the OP and that's not what I mean. If you hold the on screen home button (NOT the hardware button) it brings up a circle, and you slide up to Google now, is that intended?

And yea if someone knows about the third issue please let me know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

gokussjx
Old
(Last edited by gokussjx; 12th February 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukyjay View Post
Pie is enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.
Soft key navigation buttons are enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.
2 days haven't passed since new release/flash, & we already have battery conclusions?
Have pity on your phone... its a smartphone, not an AI. It needs to be 'digged in' before you get optimum battery performance. (And I'm not referring to Charge Cycles. Enough controversy on that already)

Pie can't be disabled - Check.
Soft keys enabled by default - Check.
Hardware Keys Multitasking bug - Known.

Rest sound Martian to me.

Now, to address the above listed points:

Pie disabling, can be added later.

Soft keys enabled by default, DAMN, I wish I knew people didn't have 2 seconds to disable it from the settings!

Other points are moot & pointless, mostly due to fusion of bad flash, bad management, & user issues.

You're in Dev Thread. You either report issues in the way as stated a zillion times, or you fight whoever's forcing you to flash the ROM by cocking a gun at your head.
I don't need bad reports stating 'BUGGY BUGGY BUGGY'. They are useless to me or for the development of the ROM in general.

Cheers!

Devices: Nexus 5 | Galaxy S III GT-I9300 | Galaxy S GT-I9000
ROMs: AOSPA
Kernels: Franco | Devil | Devil
Modems: M8974A | XXLF2 | AUCKF1

Press 'Thanks' if I helped you

I have ORD.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gokussjx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BU7CH4
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90 View Post
Why in Know bugs is not mentioned camera crash with flash enabled when touch to focus? Or here works?
works fine on my S3. camera in general works flawlessly. love it!
My Phone History:
Siemens A50 --> Motorola E398 --> Sony Ericsson W810i --> Sony Ericsson W580i --> Samsung SGH-F480i --> HTC Desire A8181 ♥ --> SGS3 i9300
The Following User Says Thank You to BU7CH4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schreda
Old
(Last edited by schreda; 12th February 2013 at 01:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BU7CH4 View Post
works fine on my S3. camera in general works flawlessly. love it!
disagree, i can confirm this bug. But it also exists in cm10.1.
If you take a picture with flash, you can reproduce it this way:
start camera, force flash, tap on the screen to focus manually. then press the trigger to take a photo.

then camera app will crash. (on an alternative camera app this bug doesn't exist)

another situation that i found is: if you change your camera to your front faced camera, then back to the back camera, do this procedure above. Then the camera app won't start anymore. (in logcat i got this line repeating: "ServiceManager: Waiting for service media.audio_flinger..."

logcat here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwHt...it?usp=sharing

[ Nexus4 | PA 3+ ]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schreda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bassie1995
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by raied115 View Post
Thank you so much for this ROM!
Bugs that I have found:
1. The touchscreen isn't responsive like 2.54. Don't know why..
2. Some apps crashes when the navbar is activated (like Perfect Keyboard Pro - don't know if it's an app problem or a ROM problem..).

Flash with Camera DOES work for me.

Thank you very much!
Could you provide a logcat for the app crashes? That'd be really helpful in figuring out the problem .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hiranga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default enable usb debugging

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredabyss View Post
Could anyone confirm this? ive searched the entire thread and no one mentioned this.
Step 1. Go to settings > about
Step 2. Repeatedly click the Build version item, and within a matter of seconds you’ll see a Toast that claims, “You’re now a developer”.
Step 3. You should now see “Developer Options” in the settings list as second last item.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilraj View Post

Originally Posted by codeworkx TESTBUILD

9-20120701-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CODEWORKX

Changes:
- Battery Light: Add ability to configure (Part 1 of 2)
- Battery Light: Add ability to configure (Part 2 of 2)
- Device supports multi color battery light
- Smdk4210RIL: fix signalstrength
- camera: Support for ZSL on samsung cameras
- camera: enable zsl (zero-shutter-lag) mode
- fix keypad lighting up when screen backlight auto-adjust
  • 20120625v1.5
  • Hybrid speedup, less lag, considerably faster list scrolling when pad/pal is in action
  • Keyboard scaling, an androids first
  • PAD/PAL bugfixes for apps that still crop images in lower dpis
  • Settings revamp, speed preferences to switch between modes without having to set up anything, less clutter
  • Trebuchet extras: 3x4 widgets, speed dial menu button, ... and some weird rocket button which im sure will be very useful to most of you
  • Pad.prop revamp, new preferences that should pretty much nail it. Im sorry but this trashes your old settings again, do not attempt to restore them unless you do it in a text editor
  • A warning: if you need to scale keyboards, do close their hosts first (that is, if you have the keyboard running in chrome, close chrome, then attempt to change the size). Otherwise you run into caching problems. Also not that some keyboards use fixed layouts and others dont. Should one of your keyboards not scale, just leave it at PhoneUI/DPI and be happy about those that do scale.
Step 1. Go to settings > about
Step 2. Repeatedly click the Build version item, and within a matter of seconds you’ll see a Toast that claims, “You’re now a developer”.
Step 3. You should now see “Developer Options” in the settings list as second last item.

monkeon
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiranga View Post
Holy cr@p, that must be a mistake.

People being told by their phone that they are a developer is only going to encourage them to give their opinions and whinings in development threads

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, hybrid, i9300, jelly bean, paranoid, tablet