[AOSPA:Android 4.4.4 KTU85P][05-JUL-14] PARANOIDANDROID 4.41

Search This thread

jcc332006

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2007
Los Angeles
............................................NeverMind.................................................Who Gives a Dam............:D

Last edited:

Kirpman

Jan 17, 2011
Tallinn
Hey!

Maybe I'm just blind but are there any requirements before flashing this rom?
I am on Omega Rom at the moment...Can I just flash over it?

Thanks!

Paulikid

Sep 2, 2009
Bonn
OnePlus 9 Pro
AW: [AOSPA 4.2.1][10FEB] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 | Release candidate - The Pure Experienc

From the OP: :rolleyes:

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS
4. INSTALL FIXes (If NFC broken, & try both zips)
4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
5. REBOOT
PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Sent from my SGS III with Tapatalk.

thething869

Apr 19, 2012
Sydney
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1][10FEB] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 | Release candidate - The Pure Experienc

Hey guys, please stop arguing..

On a completely different note, I think I found a few bugs (they may be intended features but not sure)

1.on the lock screen, to unlock, you can slide the lock into all of the positions where we used to be able to put shortcuts in cm10. Just saying if you want to be able to unlock in any direction it would look better if you just had to slide the lock to the edge of the circle and the lock didn't stick to a certain position on the edge

2. When you hold the home button, it brings up the lock screen circle with google now at the top for some reason? Is this intended? Maybe it would be better if Google now opens whenever you hold home, rather than having to slide up as well.

3. I also noticed you can't disable the on screen buttons when in tablet mode, not sure if this is intended as well or not...

Just my thoughts, cheers for the ROM

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

varund7726

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
★★Melbourne★★
Hey guys, please stop arguing..

On a completely different note, I think I found a few bugs (they may be intended features but not sure)

1.on the lock screen, to unlock, you can slide the lock into all of the positions where we used to be able to put shortcuts in cm10. Just saying if you want to be able to unlock in any direction it would look better if you just had to slide the lock to the edge of the circle and the lock didn't stick to a certain position on the edge

2. When you hold the home button, it brings up the lock screen circle with google now at the top for some reason? Is this intended? Maybe it would be better if Google now opens whenever you hold home, rather than having to slide up as well.

3. I also noticed you can't disable the on screen buttons when in tablet mode, not sure if this is intended as well or not...

Just my thoughts, cheers for the ROM

The 1st one you mentioned is NOT a bug.its a 4.2.1 Feature!!!

2nd one is a bug as long press does not work to open recents.read the very 1st posts for known issues

lukyjay

May 22, 2010
Perth
V3 is quite possibly the worst release to date. It's more buggy than the beta.

Chrome constantly crashes.
Pie is enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.
Soft key navigation buttons are enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.
Colouring doesn't colour the notification bar any more, just the items on it.
Multi tasking is impractical because you can't open the recent apps list using the hardware button.
Notifications are still ugly when dpi is set lower, icons on them appear cut off instead of resized.
When in phablet mode the notification drop down appears off screen and not centred.
I'm sure the list goes on and on...

The battery life is terrific though. This is with a wipe everything start a fresh installation, not an upgrade or install on top of an older version.

Oh and every time the screen timed out, there's a 75% chance my phone won't ever wake up. Had to pull the battery. That made it unusable. Very ddisappointing. I know you do this for free and on your own time, but please liable it as a beta if you're not willing to test it for bugs .

Last edited:

Straynart

Mar 9, 2008
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1][10FEB] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 | Release candidate - The Pure Experienc

Sorry to interfere, but I don't have all this kind of issues.
Maybe just a very bad flash, or a corrupted DL.

Try to re-DL the ROM and reinstall it.

gvoute

Apr 21, 2012
pie problem

hi

i don't how have pie is working ?
i can't have the same pie as the screencapture with a lot avec options
(clock ..... )

i juste have 3 butons ?

Last edited:

thething869

Apr 19, 2012
Sydney

The 1st one you mentioned is NOT a bug.its a 4.2.1 Feature!!!

2nd one is a bug as long press does not work to open recents.read the very 1st posts for known issues

Oh really? Kinda weird IMO...

And no, I've read the OP and that's not what I mean. If you hold the on screen home button (NOT the hardware button) it brings up a circle, and you slide up to Google now, is that intended?

And yea if someone knows about the third issue please let me know

gokussjx

Jul 7, 2011
/home/bidyut
Pie is enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.
Soft key navigation buttons are enabled by default when this device has hardware buttons.

2 days haven't passed since new release/flash, & we already have battery conclusions?
Have pity on your phone... its a smartphone, not an AI. It needs to be 'digged in' before you get optimum battery performance. (And I'm not referring to Charge Cycles. Enough controversy on that already)

Pie can't be disabled - Check.
Soft keys enabled by default - Check.
Hardware Keys Multitasking bug - Known.

Rest sound Martian to me.

Now, to address the above listed points:

Pie disabling, can be added later.

Soft keys enabled by default, DAMN, I wish I knew people didn't have 2 seconds to disable it from the settings!

Other points are moot & pointless, mostly due to fusion of bad flash, bad management, & user issues.

You're in Dev Thread. You either report issues in the way as stated a zillion times, or you fight whoever's forcing you to flash the ROM by cocking a gun at your head.
I don't need bad reports stating 'BUGGY BUGGY BUGGY'. They are useless to me or for the development of the ROM in general.

Cheers!

Last edited:

schreda

Aug 31, 2008
works fine on my S3. camera in general works flawlessly. love it!

disagree, i can confirm this bug. But it also exists in cm10.1.
If you take a picture with flash, you can reproduce it this way:
start camera, force flash, tap on the screen to focus manually. then press the trigger to take a photo.

then camera app will crash. (on an alternative camera app this bug doesn't exist)

another situation that i found is: if you change your camera to your front faced camera, then back to the back camera, do this procedure above. Then the camera app won't start anymore. (in logcat i got this line repeating: "ServiceManager: Waiting for service media.audio_flinger..."

logcat here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwHtVfPsSsJobU54QWpwblJjQWc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft

Thank you so much for this ROM!
Bugs that I have found:
1. The touchscreen isn't responsive like 2.54. Don't know why..
2. Some apps crashes when the navbar is activated (like Perfect Keyboard Pro - don't know if it's an app problem or a ROM problem..).

Flash with Camera DOES work for me.

Thank you very much!

Could you provide a logcat for the app crashes? That'd be really helpful in figuring out the problem :).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ThePureHeart

Jan 15, 2013

I don't think this requires any log cat.

The issue: when screen goes off, pressing the home button to turn the screen back on not only turns the screen back on but it also makes the phone go back to the home screen.

What it should do is plainly just turn the screen back on as with older versions of android. In essence this is like doing an action blindly.

Yes, I could use the power button but who uses their power button to turn on their screen after screen timeout?

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft

I would gladly do that, except I don't know how :D

Ah, right. Sorry.

Download aLogcat and run it, make sure it is 'recording'. Then do whatever it is that triggers the bug, stop the logcat and pull the file from your phone. Then just zip it or whatever, and upload here :).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gingo21

Jan 7, 2013
Laval
2 days haven't passed since new release/flash, & we already have battery conclusions?
Have pity on your phone... its a smartphone, not an AI. It needs to be 'digged in' before you get optimum battery performance. (And I'm not referring to Charge Cycles. Enough controversy on that already)

Pie can't be disabled - Check.
Soft keys enabled by default - Check.
Hardware Keys Multitasking bug - Known.

Rest sound Martian to me.

Now, to address the above listed points:

Pie disabling, can be added later.

Soft keys enabled by default, DAMN, I wish I knew people didn't have 2 seconds to disable it from the settings!

Other points are moot & pointless, mostly due to fusion of bad flash, bad management, & user issues.

You're in Dev Thread. You either report issues in the way as stated a zillion times, or you fight whoever's forcing you to flash the ROM by cocking a gun at your head.
I don't need bad reports stating 'BUGGY BUGGY BUGGY'. They are useless to me or for the development of the ROM in general.

Cheers!

For multitasting bugs, don't know if you already see this, that will normally fix the issue : https://github.com/PA-n7000/android_frameworks_base/commit/4521d11785135f4487b742bdcbff2d43446293ac

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Thread cleaned again... Guys, it's not rocket science. Post all Q&A stuff in the Q&A thread

http://goo.gl/DddcI

What does NOT belong here:

"What a great rom! Thank you!"
"xxx is broken please fix it"
"How do I......?"

These types of posts do NOTHING in helping the development of this rom.

You have a bug you want to report? Well, if you don't have anything useful(ie logs) other than "this is a bug" then DO NOT POST HERE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

vBRsrq

kLUQAe

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    5. REBOOT
    6. CUSTOM KERNELS MAY BREAK ROOT, SIMPLY RE-FLASH SUPERSU

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Links:
    Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

Video review

Some screenshots
    35jhsgn.png
    ypb28.png
    ouulgj.png
    ivaib5.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid - Galaxy S3 International - i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    gokussjx, molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS, jaybob413, aaronpoweruser, beerbong
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP, CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.41
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-05
    Current Beta Version: 4.2 BETA1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-23

Created 2013-09-07
    Last Updated 2014-07-05
    AOSPA v3.57:

First fully device-specific bug-free release!
    (Ignoring TV-Out, FM, ExFAT... That's never gonna happen, thanks to Samsung/Microsoft)
    We're now ready to know & deal with any feature bugs that might come up in the future.

ROM: Download
    Mirror: Goo is down. Will be uploaded later.

MD5: bc4096ab5756ec663bdba7f682e24179

Changelog:
    v3.57:
    -HALO10 update
    -Graphic Glitches with StatusBar Panel Switch fixed
    -Home button on Screen-Off bug fixed (Now takes you to running app, not launcher home)

Enjoy!
    I can not find a Download for the PA 3.0?
    Its there in the iOS Threads. Try searching in there.

Meanwhile, a surprise for the non-idiot population:

AOSPA v3.0 RC:

AOSPA v3.60:

Mirror: Download
    PA Gapps: Download

Changelog:
    v3.60:
    -HALO + MW Updates
    -Clean up & Public Release
    -PAWalls removed by default (Now available on Play Store, with lighter footprint)
    -ROM Compiled with O3 Optimization

Here's a quick Overview!
    Enjoy:

Sorry about the absence. I'm still under exam pressure.

But I've tried working with the little free moments that I can catch... & I'm unable to proceed with new framework changes, thanks to an annoying major bug.

CM recently introduced new Open Source libRIL implementation for i9300.
    This is a great thing for fixing bugs such as 2G/3G switching errors etc, but for some *yet* unknown reasons, this commit is causing Data issues in AOSPA. (No such issues in CM though)
    Very odd behaviour. Operator is not detected, & we are shown NO SERVICE. But calling still works. (Like I said, Odd)
    And as mentioned, Data won't connect with NO SERVICE issue.

I've tried building without the new commit, undone dependent source changes & we are faced with broken RIL.
    A few other devs whom I've spoken to about this are unable to trace the cause as well.

The solution might be very simple, or complex, we'll try & fix this first.
    Only then can we proceed with Multiwindow & Halo on i9300.