Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] [26/04] Perseus

Tip us?

tolis626
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Default Re: [Kernel][30/01] Perseus

Guys,for anyone who would like their phone to be a little smoother,I suggest decreasing the utilization timeout in the GPU tab in STweaks to something like 50ms.If it's not placebo,which I seriously doubt,the improvement is quite noticeable,especially in scrolling,which is smooth from the moment I move my finger now.I don't know how it will affect battery life,but I don't think it'll make a dramatic difference...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psyntific
Old
Thanks Meter 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626 View Post
Guys,for anyone who would like their phone to be a little smoother,I suggest decreasing the utilization timeout in the GPU tab in STweaks to something like 50ms.If it's not placebo,which I seriously doubt,the improvement is quite noticeable,especially in scrolling,which is smooth from the moment I move my finger now.I don't know how it will affect battery life,but I don't think it'll make a dramatic difference...

Yea I think so too

AndreiLux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626 View Post

I've had issues with going that low in games, the Mali power management seems to get confused as the utilization isn't averaged enough over time and the GPU cores constantly switch on and off depending on load since their idle timeout is something like 25ms. Would hear what other people experience with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreiLux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugolt
Old
Thanks Meter 17
For the 2nd time this week my alarm clock did not work.
I have latest Perseus kernel, it never happened with any previous version.
Kinda bad cause I got late for work
SGS3 GT-I9300 | XXEMG4 | Nova Launcher | JKay | Boeffla-Kernel | PhilZ Touch Recovery
Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightly | Nova Launcher | Trinity-Kernel | PhilZ Touch Recovery

Infy_AsiX
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post
I've had issues with going that low in games, the Mali power management seems to get confused as the utilization isn't averaged enough over time and the GPU cores constantly switch on and off depending on load since their idle timeout is something like 25ms. Would hear what other people experience with this.
indeed just tested and it seems choppier when lower.

🐨🐒🐢💁💂💃 Galaxy S3 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

habylab
Old
Thanks Meter 623

Quote:
Works quite well at 75 for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Xda Premium. Long live the Galaxy S!

Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM11 - Archi Kernel.
Nexus 7 - 4.4 Kang - Ak

nfsmw_gr
Old
(Last edited by nfsmw_gr; 15th February 2013 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 671
Quote:
75ms works great for me!
Didn't try 50ms though,it seemed too low..
Btw,what is your opinion about linaro optimisations?Is it worth it or not?

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.

Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4

Infy_AsiX
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by habylab View Post
Works quite well at 75 for me.

just tested and I agree. Only tried 50 before

🐨🐒🐢💁💂💃 Galaxy S3 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

habylab
Old
Thanks Meter 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr View Post
75ms works great for me!
Didn't try 50ms though,it seemed too low..
Btw,what is your opinion about linaro optimisations?Is it worth it or not?
I think, from a user point of view having tried 5+ phones, the linaro chain helps greatly. In particular my Asus Transformer. Scrolling is now super smooth, and opening apps appear quicker.

Andrei, if you're in doubt, talk to Stratosk, maker of Semaphore, he has a lot of experience with Linaro. I'm sure you have an opinion though!

Trying 50 now, seems better actually!

Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM11 - Archi Kernel.
Nexus 7 - 4.4 Kang - Ak
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to habylab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tolis626
Old
Thanks Meter 617

Quote:
Well,so far so good with 50ms.Games don't show any slowdowns and benchmarks back this up.Maybe it's about your GPU in particular.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe