Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD/APP]][SIYAH][4.7t5][28.4.13]=SiyahMODs=-Multi-Boot+Zram/Swap+Sound-=NEW!

Tip us?

wolverine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Franky B. View Post
Super Su notification are on.
I'm the only one with this (Bug)?
Greats

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Hi rlorange,
I have cleaned the the app data and cache, removed from super su, started again and now it works at 5 times
I think that's it. Thank you so much for your really great work and for your time :thumbup:

Many Greats from Germany
I have the same problems. When I start up SiyahMods 4.5.1, it changes my Screen Timeout to 20mins. The Timeout duration setting doesn't change back even after a reboot. I have tried clearing data and cache, and it does return to my original setting of 2 mins, but the moment I open the app again, it changes to 20mins again and stays changed, even on reboot.

Super SU notifications are enabled. I'm using a i9300 running 4.1.2, on XXEMA2

Any ideas?

dantheman122
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Default Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.1][13.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Are you using the x button in bottom right corner to exit or just pressing Home key or Back soft key? If you're not using the x button in the app it may be staying open in the background.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) - Various Roms/Kernals

Sony Tablet S - Stock

rlorange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,878
Default Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.1][13.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman122 View Post
Are you using the x button in bottom right corner to exit or just pressing Home key or Back soft key? If you're not using the x button in the app it may be staying open in the background.

Indeed you MUST close the app with the X to return timeout to normal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolverine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman122 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorange View Post
Indeed you MUST close the app with the X to return timeout to normal

Ooops...that little x button works wonders! I had just originally hit the back button and then killed all open apps nad thought that would have taken care of things.

Thanks guys!!!!

Hmmm... now this is purely academic, but the timeout settings changed back to 20mins after a reboot even after I manually changed then to 2mins when i had just used the Back soft key. Wouldn't a reboot have cleared SiyahMods from the background and thus return my Timeout settings to normal? Just curious...

Thanks again!

rlorange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
Ooops...that little x button works wonders! I had just originally hit the back button and then killed all open apps nad thought that would have taken care of things.

Thanks guys!!!!

Hmmm... now this is purely academic, but the timeout settings changed back to 20mins after a reboot even after I manually changed then to 2mins when i had just used the Back soft key. Wouldn't a reboot have cleared SiyahMods from the background and thus return my Timeout settings to normal? Just curious...

Thanks again!
If you use boot to 2nd or 3rd ROM function the rotation and time out settings won't change back. This will be fixed in the next version

rlorange
Old
(Last edited by rlorange; 21st February 2013 at 06:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,878

UPDATE: SiyahMods V4.5.2

WHAT'S NEW:

>>> FIXED init.d auto swap back after booting to 3rdROM

>>> FIXED Check for running app from a 2nd/3rdROM

>>> FIXED global screen timeout and auto-rotation control not resetting to pre app launch values. (please report if this doesn't work properly especially after boot to 3rdROM function is executed.

>>> Other tweaks I can't remember.

http://db.tt/Z0rWOQes

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlorange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,878
Default Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.2][21.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Update: SiyahMods 4.5.3

>>> 3rdboot swap-back init.d support now on 2nd/3rd ROM also.

http://db.tt/s31yL8LI

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pat357
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I think i found a little bug ;

After using the app for setting the preferred ROM to boot default in, I can't set this any more in Stweaks. (under dual-boot tab)

1. Use the app to set the prim. ROM as default boot.
2. Go in Stweaks to "dual-boot" tab and try to change the default ROM ---> WILL NO LONGER WORK !!

Is this a known issue ?
Samsung SG3 GT-I9300 - Kernel : Perseus (latest) / Siyah 1.9.1+ with Dual/Triple boot / Bootloader : XXELLA
  • ROM 1 : ANDROID v4.1.2 / ARHD V24.0 - XXEMC2
  • ROM 2 : ANDROID v4.1.2 / I9300XXEMC2 - WanamLite
  • ROM 3: Changes daily
Backups : The Toolkit v7.4 / Philz Touch CWM recovery v5.07.1 based v6.0.3.2 / Titanium backup Pro

rlorange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,878
Default Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat357 View Post
I think i found a little bug ;

After using the app for setting the preferred ROM to boot default in, I can't set this any more in Stweaks. (under dual-boot tab)

1. Use the app to set the prim. ROM as default boot.
2. Go in Stweaks to "dual-boot" tab and try to change the default ROM ---> WILL NO LONGER WORK !!

Is this a known issue ?
Hmmm I'll look into this...

It might confuse S-tweaks somehow.

pat357
Old
(Last edited by pat357; 1st March 2013 at 02:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorange View Post
Hmmm I'll look into this...

It might confuse S-tweaks somehow.

The app seems even to prevent me from resetting my Siyah setting to the default using STweaks (latest tab, Reset settings)

My best guess is that the application somehow changes the permissions from the Siyah settings-files. This would explain why I can no longer choose the default ROM to boot in Stweaks and also why i can''t reset everything to default using Stweaks.

What are the correct permissions/ownership from the active profile ?

If I'd like to flash a .zip in the 3rd ROM, do I need to swap 3rd and 2nd ROM first, or is there a better way ?
Any plans to implement .ZIP flashing in your nice app ? (of course you'd use the CWM to do the actual work; your tool should make sure that the .Zip goes in to the right ROM)

When I swap 2nd and 3rd ROM, does this involve a lot of data moving or is it a matter from renaming dir/files/mounts ?
How long would the process take in case of 2 Samsung ROM's with about 2 x 1.5 GB data ?
Samsung SG3 GT-I9300 - Kernel : Perseus (latest) / Siyah 1.9.1+ with Dual/Triple boot / Bootloader : XXELLA
  • ROM 1 : ANDROID v4.1.2 / ARHD V24.0 - XXEMC2
  • ROM 2 : ANDROID v4.1.2 / I9300XXEMC2 - WanamLite
  • ROM 3: Changes daily
Backups : The Toolkit v7.4 / Philz Touch CWM recovery v5.07.1 based v6.0.3.2 / Titanium backup Pro